Wuhan china?

premiumsdrummer

• Members

As long as it's Wuhan and not World Percussion.

Wuhan make the baddest chinas in the business. I paid $62 for my 20" China DELIVERED to my house, and it is my best sounding cymbal.

I plan on picking up a few more smaller ones in the future.

Just mount 'em 'upside down' and you'll be fine.

• Members

Wuhan are awesome. They're the trashiest chinas around, and not expensive either. Not the strongest metal, can crack easily, as my old 19" has done, yet it still sounds fine. I nearly bought a new 20" wuhan today, but I'd already spent enough on some other cymbals and heads, so, soon I'll be buying it. I tried every good china from sabian to zildjian today, and the wuhan still sounds the best to my ears. Beware, the centre hole is tiny, not designed for standard cymbal mounting.

• Members

Originally posted by DRuM

Wuhan are awesome. They're the trashiest chinas around, and not expensive either. Not the strongest metal, can crack easily, as my old 19" has done, yet it still sounds fine. I nearly bought a new 20" wuhan today, but I'd already spent enough on some other cymbals and heads, so, soon I'll be buying it. I tried every good china from sabian to zildjian today, and the wuhan still sounds the best to my ears. Beware, the centre hole is tiny, not designed for standard cymbal mounting.

I wouldn't worry about cracking too much as long as you flip it upside down. I've had my 20" for a year or more and it has no cracks. That's taking into account that I was a newbie when I got it, didn't know how to hit a cymbal, I hit super hard and I was using the heaviest aluminum Ahead sticks out there.

I HAVE heard a lot of people talk about Wuhans cracking, but I have never seen it myself.

• Members

Don't worry about comparing it to other cymbals. Just play it, and listen to it! And feel free to play many of them as they are quite inconsistent. I hit one which sounded bad, and the next one I hit sounded spectacular.

Does it make a sound you can use?

If so, get it. At ten bucks, you can't really go wrong.

If not, then don't buy it.

JMO of course.

Originally posted by pureoldsound

I've been wanting to try one out at least the 12'', but GC has the smaller one 10''. Do they sound brighter or darker than a Zildjian china???

• Members

Originally posted by premiumsdrummer

Are they even worth it? Even for 10 bucks at GC?

hey, you do booking?? Think you could PM me some info. Anything? Are there any places you do regular bookings etc? What styles of music do you work with? Thanks.

Archived