What music styles do you play?

Revolab

• Members

It seems like drummers are the most open minded and play in many different styles.

In my bands I perform mainly rock/funk but on the side I am really digging Jazz, Latin, R&B, and hip-hop. Also Drum n bass really nacks my tads.

• Members

Anything that sounds good to me. I listened to a lot of prog, specifically Dream Theater, in college, so I drew a lot of my drum influence from Portnoy's style. But I really didn't have my own style, so when I joined the band I'm in, the music kind of forced me to develop my style. As far as guitar, I get wacky timing influences from DT still, but don't play shred-prog at all. It's more about song-writing.

• Members

I will add some other possibilities. Thanks for clueing me into some like country (that's pretty huge) that I missed.

.........Sorry. I thought I could edit the poll but I can't.

The other category will be popular I see.

• Members

Hi, ermm well Im not sure what you meant by heavy rock lol as in metallica or not but I jus voted on others, I play mainly like 80's hair metal lol, Metallica, Pantera and some other stuff which has loads of double bass such as Machinehead. I also play rock too I guess but the main style i myself like to play is metal lol.

• Members

primarily i play rock & jazz fusion, but i really play a mixed bag of different styles and genre's of music ,plus i do some session work too so it really depends on what genre is needed . but rock music is what i like to think of as" my education" to playing drums .

sam(otacon28)

Archived