Master Percussionist

zaragemca

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Old Steve

That's nothing. I can put down 20 pancakes as a between meal snack!

I guess we all know who the master is now, eh?!?
:p

Lies! :D

No seriously steve ,I believe you, and if there's anything in the world I like eating, it's pancakes, waffles, and anything stodgy with custard! ;)

• Members

Hey "Master Percussionist",
Why don't you come on down to New York City and meet me...if you bend over that chair, I'll show you my new stick tecnique - then maybe I'll show ya how we wash our hair in the bathroom with a swirly...then maybe we can take a nice walk around Hunt's Point in the South Bronx - introduce ya to some of the boys....you can tell 'em you're the master...sometimes they get alittle excited.....c'mon...I can't wait!:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by john clarity

so all threats aside, has anyone seen this guy yet? he's been very quiet lately, it's just been this humorous pancake discussion all the way!!
;)

I live five hours away and he only plays on Tuesday and Thursday nights, so you can imagine how hard it is going to be for me to go and see him, but I will. I'll let y'all know.

• Members

Perhaps you should bring him some blueberry pancakes. Historically, blueberry pancakes have been used as currency among native tribes, and were often given as gifts or worn as decorative garments.

...and since it's a jazz/blues kind of place, the BLUEberry pancakes seemed doubly appropriate.

• Members

Perhaps you should bring him some blueberry pancakes. Historically, blueberry pancakes have been used as currency among native tribes, and were often given as gifts or worn as decorative garments.

...and since it's a jazz/blues kind of place, the BLUEberry pancakes seemed doubly appropriate.

Pffftt... I'm bringing waffles and beer... Mmmmmmm... Waffles and beer...

• Members

Originally posted by john clarity

thanks jsimms for doing this public service for us all!! it seems a terrible waste of time for you to have to travel so far just to shut some eejit up, and he has gone very quiet since you vowed to visit...

My pleasure...

• Members

I know posting things in these kind of threads makes no difference to the world whatsoever.. but now I do it anyway

zaragemca, do you consider yourself a master percussionist or not yourself?
if you are a master percussionist, next goal is to master the art of writing "easier to read posts" (as in, put in some breaks here and there, not creating a huge concrete block of text)

and learn to read other peoples ideas and thoughts

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Aaaah, I'm glad you asked. I recently finished yet another book on the subject: "Columbian Pancakes, Cocaine, and Coffee: A Nation in Transition". Look for it on Amazon.

Anyway, the book primarily deals with the social and political ramifications of the introduction of European-style pancakes into an economy built on coffee exports, yet subverted by a corrupt drug trade. Chapter XVII, however, delves into the development of the unique Columbian-style pancake and the associated ancillary accompanyments.

While the standard flapjack, buttermilk, and silver dollar varieties are still wildly poplular in Juan Valdez's back yard (usually served with standard Vermont Maple Syrup), the indiginous people have developed their own alternatives. For example, the "Panqueque con Arroz y Frijoles" (pancake with rice and beans) where red beans and rice are mixed in with the batter is popluar. Another Colombian variation is the "Panqueque Pollo" which translates literally to Chicken Pancake...where and entire chicken is coated with pancake batter effectively encasing the chicken in a fluffy pancake coating. Finally, all sorts of fruits, especially banannas and plantains are often included in pancake batter of all types.

As for syrup styles, or "jarabe" as it's called, Columbians have transferred the maple tree tapping techniques to their own trees, so now you have bannana syrup, coffee tree syrup, coconut tree syrup, and literally thousands of jungle varieties (many of which are intoxicating, or even poisonous in large doses). Often these "jarabes" are mixed with coffee because they've just got so damn much of the stuff lying around.

Sadly, the cocaine traffickers have begun to corrupt the Pancake trade. It's said that over 90% of Colombian pancakes contain traces of cocaine at this point. The drug is mixed into the batter, added to syrups, and even sprinkled on top of the pancakes as some people sprinkle powdered sugar on pancakes. The result is that on any given Saturday morining, at least half the country is wired out of their minds by the end of breakfast or brunch. Due to the confusion as to the source of the intoxication, many people falsely assume that they're actually addicted to pancakes instead of drugs. This has resulted in violence and hijacking of many recent shipments of Bisquick and Aunt Jemima ("Tia Jemima" in Spanish) products. The problem has grown to the point where these products are transported to stores via armored truck with armed motorcades following...usually in the middle of the night.

Anyway, hope this answers your questions.

• Members

Oh Master... thank yee! This clears up a lot of questions I had about the pancake shortage that's been felt around my area. I've always opted for the Columbian style pancake, but the prices have sky rocketed around here and availability is at an all time low.

The 'Jarabe' (please notice the 'R' is rolled) that has been used explains why my friends visit the grocery store's Columian Jarabe section four, sometimes five times a day. I believe they are addicted to the ancillary ingrediants that you have enlightend us about. I'm planning an intervention with a few who can be saved, but not promising anything.

"Panqueque Pollo"... WOW! Does it cover beak and feet to? I have only heard this as rumor, but is now substantiated. My cousin's, best friends, room mates, mother-in-laws, plumber has a son in 'Pancake 104' at the community college a few towns over. I am going to have him bring this up in class, tho it will probably blow the teachers mind.

Congradulations on your initiation into the 'Inner Sanctum'. The Pancake world will truely benefit by your Masterfullness! The International House of Pancakes is very proud I'm sure.

Thanks for the update on Columbian Pancakes and their ancillary products.. ie: syrup, beans, chickens.. etc. I feel enlightened!

• Members

Aaaah, I'm glad you asked. I recently finished yet another book on the subject: "Columbian Pancakes, Cocaine, and Coffee: A Nation in Transition". Look for it on Amazon.

Anyway, the book primarily deals with the social and political ramifications of the introduction of European-style pancakes into an economy built on coffee exports, yet subverted by a corrupt drug trade. Chapter XVII, however, delves into the development of the unique Columbian-style pancake and the associated ancillary accompanyments.

While the standard flapjack, buttermilk, and silver dollar varieties are still wildly poplular in Juan Valdez's back yard (usually served with standard Vermont Maple Syrup), the indiginous people have developed their own alternatives. For example, the "Panqueque con Arroz y Frijoles" (pancake with rice and beans) where red beans and rice are mixed in with the batter is popluar. Another Colombian variation is the "Panqueque Pollo" which translates literally to Chicken Pancake...where and entire chicken is coated with pancake batter effectively encasing the chicken in a fluffy pancake coating. Finally, all sorts of fruits, especially banannas and plantains are often included in pancake batter of all types.

As for syrup styles, or "jarabe" as it's called, Columbians have transferred the maple tree tapping techniques to their own trees, so now you have bannana syrup, coffee tree syrup, coconut tree syrup, and literally thousands of jungle varieties (many of which are intoxicating, or even poisonous in large doses). Often these "jarabes" are mixed with coffee because they've just got so damn much of the stuff lying around.

Sadly, the cocaine traffickers have begun to corrupt the Pancake trade. It's said that over 90% of Colombian pancakes contain traces of cocaine at this point. The drug is mixed into the batter, added to syrups, and even sprinkled on top of the pancakes as some people sprinkle powdered sugar on pancakes. The result is that on any given Saturday morining, at least half the country is wired out of their minds by the end of breakfast or brunch. Due to the confusion as to the source of the intoxication, many people falsely assume that they're actually addicted to pancakes instead of drugs. This has resulted in violence and hijacking of many recent shipments of Bisquick and Aunt Jemima ("Tia Jemima" in Spanish) products. The problem has grown to the point where these products are transported to stores via armored truck with armed motorcades following...usually in the middle of the night.

Anyway, hope this answers your questions.

Steve man, you have way too much time on your hands. ;)

Archived