Yay My Girlfriend is A Drummer!

relva2

• Members

every now and then i've been trying to teach various friends on the kit, but just the other day i let my girlfriend on and she rocked! (this was her 3rd time on the set) I was even able to play guitar along with her, so we sounded pretty damn good, surprisingly for the amount of experience she has. :D

the one weird part is that she seems to be picking things up quicker than i have, much quicker in fact:eek:

ahh well, now i have to go out and polish up my old kit (2002 Export) to give her--its almost brand new with great heads, all hardware, and only some hihats are needed--so i'll make her buy those used from a local shop, meaning she'll get a full kit for under $200.

Yay!:cool:

• Members

That's creepy, dejavu.

I used to play guitar and my ex wife wanted to start drumming so we could start a band (we were married at the time). Damn, she picked it up fast. Probably because she was in marching band in college, had the whole coordination thing down. Plus she was a great dancer too and I think that helps. Anyway, she took off like the flake she was and I kept the drums. It was fun though, playing with her but she never took it seriously and didn't practice.

But damn, I struggled with the damn things. I'm as awkward as hell, a clumsy fool that can barely walk down the street without tripping over a crack. My current girlfriend, and what a lovely thing she is, is the same as me. Clumsy as all hell. I tried teaching her a basic beat and she couldn't figure out how to get her limbs to work right.

• Members

Originally posted by relva2

every now and then i've been trying to teach various friends on the kit, but just the other day i let my girlfriend on and she rocked! (this was her 3rd time on the set) I was even able to play guitar along with her, so we sounded pretty damn good, surprisingly for the amount of experience she has.
:D

the one weird part is that she seems to be picking things up quicker than i have, much quicker in fact:eek:

ahh well, now i have to go out and polish up my old kit (2002 Export) to give her--its almost brand new with great heads, all hardware, and only some hihats are needed--so i'll make her buy those used from a local shop, meaning she'll get a full kit for under $200.

Yay!
:cool:

Damn... I wanna be your girlfriend if I can get a kit for $200. OK, Ok, I know I am a guy, but I'll try to fake it. ;):D

Archived