Looking for a throne like this one. . .

Skr4ped

• Members

My old drummer had the sweetest throne you've ever seen, and it comfortable as hell. I'm looking for one, but the only one I've found is $250. He got his at BJs (wholesale department store), and I know he didn't pay $250 for it.

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/71000.asp

There's a picture of it there. Has anyone seen this throne around (or one similar)? It's actually a computer chair, but it works great as a throne, and I love the fact that it's on wheels.

• Members

You seemed to have answered your own question. You said he got his at BJ's, did you try there?.

Secondly, you do NOT want a throne on wheels. There is a reason why Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, Pork Pie, Roc-N-Soc, Gibraltar and every other company that makes thrones does not offer any thrones with wheels. Anytime you tried to play fast on your pedals you would roll backwards. If you gig, it could also be very dangerous as some risers are very high. Thrones are designed to be solid since when you play you are actually pushing off the throne when you use your pedals and when you move around the kit. Thats why they offer 4 leg thrones vs three, to make them even more stable.

Trust me, if their was any way to have a throne with wheels that would still be stable and solid, one of the many companies listed above would make it. The wheels that have built in locks are worthless since they swivel even when locked not to mention since the wheels are round (Obviously) the contact area is so small that it would slide.

• Members

Originally posted by SLIPKNOT1

You seemed to have answered your own question. You said he got his at BJ's, did you try there?.

Secondly, you do NOT want a throne on wheels. There is a reason why Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, Pork Pie, Roc-N-Soc, Gibraltar and every other company that makes thrones does not offer any thrones with wheels. Anytime you tried to play fast on your pedals you would roll backwards. If you gig, it could also be very dangerous as some risers are very high. Thrones are designed to be solid since when you play you are actually pushing off the throne when you use your pedals and when you move around the kit. Thats why they offer 4 leg thrones vs three, to make them even more stable.

Trust me, if their was any way to have a throne with wheels that would still be stable and solid, one of the many companies listed above would make it. The wheels that have built in locks are worthless since they swivel even when locked not to mention since the wheels are round (Obviously) the contact area is so small that it would slide.

They don't sell it at BJs anymore, he got it there about 4 years ago. He never had a problem with rolling around when he didn't want to, even when using his double pedal. I have my set on a piece of carpet (which is where he had his setup), and it never moved unless you wanted it to.

Archived