Dynamics

zaragemca

• Members

Have I said I'm bitter toward DC?
I think I said in both my posts concerning DC that I thought it was a good forum,if I didn't think so I wouldn't continue to spend half my day reading thru posts there and chipping in myself.
Also I haven't found a home here as I have been a member here for a couple of months whereas I've only been a member of DC for a week or so,since it was recommended and linked by a member here.
Whatever misunderstandings have taken place this week I don't feel the need to hide away here and whine about it,I will continue to be an active participant in the half dozen or so drum forums I am a member of.
Harmony central will probably always be my favourite as it was the first I found when I started playing and I have got lots of help,advice and support from members here,I love the atmosphere,lack of cliqueiness and it's nice to get to know individual members as time goes on and people here on the whole have a great sense of humour.

• Members

Bart, I'm not saying I harbour bad feelings towards DC. I just felt like some individuals there are a little too sensitive. I understand the need to keep things clean for youngsters but sometimes I felt the mods got a little heavy handed when things got just a little bit hot.

• Members

Originally posted by ShishKaboom!

Have I said I'm bitter toward DC?

I was making a broad statement that applies to others who have continued to bring the DC up as a negative experience. I never said that any one person was bitter. Negative comments continuing to come up from others based on a given experience from months (some even a year) ago to me says there's some anger or bitterness. It applies to anyone to whom thinks it applies; how's that.

I'm not here to defend the DC or my actions there. I'm here to talk drums and percussion, but will most certainly speak up if I think an unjust view is being circulated. The DC membership growth speaks for itself; I don't need to defend what over 1000 people seem to value.

Personally, I think Harmony Central is a fine forum; that's why I'm here. I was just surprised how often the DC keeps coming into conversations ... and it's not positive ... which means someone ain't happy.

So ... back to drumming!

• Members
Originally posted by Liverneck

I know there are alot of fine drummers on DC and there alot of fine drummers here. DC has some fine musicians who post constructive threads and replys, as does HC.

I think 'Ask Fart' is as narcissistic as anything zaragemca has posted. I mean, i've seen the solo's bart has made available online and am not very impressed, in fact, I think they are kinda boring. but, he does have a good forum with very good players who post informative info, much like HC. I got booted for calling him 'Fartman'...
:p
hehe. whats wrong fart, can't take a little ribbing.

I'll respond to this once ... then I'll be done.

... sigh ...

First of all, I would never ban someone because they called me Fartman or Fart. I used to be called Fart back in JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL ... but you know how KIDS can be; very childish in their humor. In fact, something funny they called me, which is actually quite creative, was Fart Smelliot. LOL That was funny! Bart Elliott vs. Fart Smelliot. :D

Honestly, I don't recall what YOU did to get banned ... but it's clear from you attitude (and your language) that you have issues ... and I can probably guess you did in fact get banned, but not because you called me fartman. LOL The Drummer Cafe, unlike Harmony Central, is geared towards all people, including children, so the rules are in place to help keep the forum Rated G. We have a language filter on the forum, so your street language wouldn't have registered on the forum, so you must have done something else if you were banned. I can see that you are a favorite here at Harmony Central too! ;)

The "Ask Bart" is for people who would like to ask me a direct question and get a direct response from me. Sorry you think that is a negative thing. The Drummer Cafe is my forum; I finance it, I support it, etc. It's very different than Harmony Central. So I guess any other professional musician who has their own forum, and has a place for people to ask them questions directly, that they are narcissistic as well? Peter Erskine, Will Kennedy, etc.; they are narcissistic? :rolleyes:

I don't care if you don't like my video clips. I find it interesting that you, on several ocassions, use the clips on my site to justify your behavior towards me, and that because the video clips are "boring" ... to you ... and don't showboat all the chops that you think should be present ... that this then nullifies anything that I can offer the drumming community. I've disqualified myself because you weren't blown away ... right? Last I heard, you're not exactly the cat's meow, nor do you set the standard of what is good. ;) A little about the solo video clips ... they were two, both taken from two different live recordings from a church service. The purpose is about worshiping God, not blowing away people like you with my chops or lack thereof. And since you're giving me all this free advertising with all your negative feedback ... which no doubt will generate more interest in my website and the Drummer Cafe ... thanks for that by the way! ... I'll mention that I'm in the process of adding some clips from the Drummers For Jesus event last month. I'll have solo clips from my seminar as well as some clips from the Friday night concert ... at which I played with the likes of Vinnie Colaitua, Alex Acuna, Sheila E., Will Kennedy, and others.

As far as joking around ... I love to joke around and give/ take ribbing. The problem is ... you're just not very funny. :D

• Members

You're right. Stress free is the way to be.

My personal feelings on yours or anyone's playing doesn't mean dukey. Your obviously happy with it. so whatever...

You've played with some cool players. I've had my brushes with greatness to.

Now, lets all just get along....

Archived