Looking to upgrade in the near future

Myriad_Rocker

• Members

Right now I have a Tama Rockstar. I've had it for about 2 years now. I used to have ZXT cymbals but I sold those.

My Current Cymbal Setup:

14" Zildjian New Beats

16" Zildjian A Crash

17" Zildjian Z Custom Rock Crash

18" Zildjian Z Custom Rock Crash

20" Zildjian A Custom Ping Ride

18" Zildjian China Trash

10" Zildjian A Splash

12" Zildjian A Splash

I'm THINKING about replacing the Z Customs with A's....

Okay, now the real question...what drums should I look into getting. I like how DW's sound....I like Premier.....I want to get away from Tama....I just want some really nice drums. Durable...great sounding...look good...

• Members

Looking into buying a new drumset with price not being an issue? That's the closest to heaven we will ever get. If you're thinking about Sonor, go with the designer series. Those are some serious drums. DW drums all have basically the same shell type and construction throughout their entire catalog, it just depends on the type of wood and finish you want. Never heard anything bad about Premier drums either.

Basically no matter who you decide to go with, if you're getting their highest high end kit it's going to sound bad ass no matter what.

I wouldn't get rid of the Z's. It looks like you've got a really good setup and the Z's really add something special. They have their own characteristic explosive sound that can really cut through the other cymbals. I'd keep them.

Archived