Some pics of my kit...

Rumor

• Members

Interesting set-up. I wouldn't feel at all comfortable with where you have your HiHats and Snare drum ... as well as the double pedal placement.

If it feels comfortable to you, that is all that is important. I'm willing to bet, however, that you have to contort your body (legs, hips) to play this set-up ... which is not a good thing.

Sit down on the drum throne and position the drums/cymbals around you. Don't position (contort) your body around the set-up.

Just my thoughts ...

• Members

Originally posted by Mike Yankee

Very nice--looks brand new? Congrats, you're a lucky guy!!

Not totally brand new, kit is pry pushing 9 months or so. The heads are about a month old. I try to keep my stuff looking new and in good condition.

Originally posted by ulank

I have the same blanket that's in your BD.
:)

lol, that's cool it was the one laying around at the time.

Originally posted by drummercafe

Interesting set-up. I wouldn't feel at all comfortable with where you have your HiHats and Snare drum ... as well as the double pedal placement.

If it feels comfortable to you, that is all that is important. I'm willing to bet, however, that you have to contort your body (legs, hips) to play this set-up ... which is not a good thing.

Sit down on the drum throne and position the drums/cymbals around you. Don't position (contort) your body around the set-up.

Just my thoughts ...

I agree with you actually, this setup doesn't really bother me, but I prefer it a little different or more ergonomic. Mainly the positioning of the hats, snare, double's.

It's set up like this because the drummer in my band likes it this way and we practice here. He's one of the best drummers around but I think he got stuck in some improper setup habbits.

Anyway, thanks for the replies!:D

Dustin

• Members

Originally posted by drummercafe

Yeah, it does look a little awkward, but I've had some pretty unusual set-ups in the past, too (bass drum at a weird angle, toms totally flat and too high for me to reach, etc). But the kit looks good, and it looks like you've got a nice assortment of cymbal sounds, too. I like it.

• Members

Originally posted by drmrdude

What are the sizes of the drums and the cymbals specs??

It looks like the cymbals are brand new. They are all shiney and stuff.
:D

The kick is an 18 x 14, the high tom is a 12 x 8, the floor tom is a 14 x 12 and the snare is a 5 x 13. Also have a 10 x 8 I'm thinking of mounting on a cymbal stand sometime soon. They sound pretty dang big.

The cymbals are a month or so old and nothing too special, Sabian B8 regular 14 in hats, 20 in ride, 16 in thin crash, Sabian XS20 18 in medium-thin crash, Sabian AAX 10 in splash, and a Wuhan 18 in china. Also thinking about adding another cymbal sometime but really don't know what would be a good addition.

I needa get some cymbal cleaner, the fingerprints are driving me crazy.

Dustin

Archived