Help w/ OLD Rogers Drums

Keith2

• Members

Hey all,

Looking for some info on these drums. Haven't found much yet. This is a 4 pc. kit w/ and extra snare. Bass is 20 X 14, 12, 16 toms. The serial #'s in the pics are hard to see but inside the wood snare the tag says "Holiday drums". I am trying to find out how old these are and what they might be worth. Also, I have heard that with antiques, you're not supposed to clean them, I would like to restore these and play them, but if this would kill the value, I'll just set them up in the living room to gaze at.

(edit) I also believe the tag inside the snare says Cleveland, Oh.

• Members

I think you have a kit similar to this one:

http://www.repercussions.org/champ.html

There are some prices on the home page at that site. The two snares may be worth the most. One may be a holiday maple and the other may be a chrome over brass dynasonic.

There is a photo museum at this site and you can find some prices for holiday kits and Rogers snares.

http://vintagedrum.com/

• Members

I am no real expert, but this is what I can readily tell from the pictures, and guessing.

Drums...Rogers Holiday series, cleveland ohio badge, bread and butter drawn brass lugs. Most of which might show fractures. These could be 3 ply maple shells, with reinforcing hoops. Tall hoops on the 12, 16, and the snare. Swivomatic hardware.

The snare, clockface throwoff, tall hoops, looks original. Maple shell. Again Cleveland Ohio badge. The set was manufactured probably about 1961. Top hoop looks like someone cleaned it with steel wool.

The metal snare drum...Rogers Dynasonic 5 line, beavertail lugs, with original snare frame, 15xxx serial number range...maybe 1966.

Nice set of drums.

About the B&B lugs, jim petty is making replacements. I think his website is jimpetty.com They are not cheap....but these drums are worth restoring.

Rogers Drums rule.

Archived