I'm Trying To Polish My Old Zildjian New Beats-Any Cymbal Cleaner Recommendations?

sydfan

• Members

They're so dirty that it doesn't even look like I'm doing anything to them. I'm using Zildjian Professional Cymbal Cream, but it can't seem to get some of the greenish stains off. If you know of a good heavy duty cleaner, please let me know about it! Thank you.

:mad:

• Members

I've been using something called Groove Juice for a while that works pretty well. The thing I've realized about cleaning cymbals is that it's something that you have to do fairly often to prevent the crap from building up. Once you get that greenish buildup on them, it's almost impossible to get off with normal cymbal cleaner.

• Members

I like grove juice too, but use it only on traditional finish cymbals.

For hard to remove spots I use a plastic scouring pad like you would use on a teflon pan. Non-abrasive. But I like my cymbals dark. Cleaning will make them sound as well as look brighter.

• Members

Originally posted by your-icon

BUCKAROO - musiciansfriend.com or local music store

There is NOTHING ELSE that compares to this stuff!

BUCKAROO ITS THE SHIZNIT!- End of story!

Ajax! HELLO! Ajax is an abrasive! If you want to use a household cleaner, use tooth PASTE.

Buckaroo is the SURE THING though. NOTHING COMPARES!!!

• Members

I've used an ammonia water solution to clean really dirty cymbals and had pretty good results. Just make sure you don't over do it with the ammonia. I would start out with about a 5 parts water to 1 part ammonia mix and do it outside or in a well ventilated room.

• Members

all i know is that my dad has played drums for over 40 years. i have played over 10. he has had many of the same cymbals for as long as i know so ajax must work fine. i wouldn't recommend it on cymbals with a brilliant finish but for a regular finish it is probably better than many other products

Archived