An AXIS Double Pedal, Longboard style..is this a deal, or the norm?

drummin_dude

• Members

probably is a good deal. go to the axis web site and figure out which ones they are.

the longboard double A used to be about $450 new and the longboard double X were like $300- 330.

thats what i remember from a few years ago, don't know how much they are now.

anyways they are darn good pedals.

• Members

Sounds like a good to me. I picked up a used axis longboard double pedals used for 250 from Guitar Center.

What I can tell you from my experience -

a) They are a pain in the ass because of all the different allen key sizes on the pedal. You have to carry and high quality multi allen key set with you at all times with this pedal, and a drum key.

b) It Tears up your feet if you play bear foot or with socks. I had to actually wear shoes to play on them.

c) no case

Other then that, they are very well made pedals. And some prefer the feel of the direct drive over chain and strap driven pedals.

to me all the trade offs arent worth it for me and I exchanged it towards a new dw9000 double pedal.

Ill never go back....

nick

sicksdeep.com

• Members

when mine were new the cut out of the x hurt my barefeet, but i could play in socks. i've had them long enough now that i guess i wore down the point on the x, because i get along just fine with barefeet now.

have heard others that don't like the allen stuff either.

Archived