Ringo on Leno last night

tdempsey

• Members

He is a favorite, and after he was introduced as the greatest rock n roll drummer (or words to that effect), he sang some awful new song.

Wish he would choose more wisely.

Why he had 3 or 4 guitarists I'll never know, but it was good to see him step behind the set and pound out a few fills.

I wonder what he gets for an appearance on that show?

• Members

Originally posted by gcdrummer

He gets free airtime. Night time talk shows don't have to pay to get guests. The agents of the guests are constantly trying to get them booked.

That's right...no doubt he was pushing something...a new album, etc. He'll make more in sales by promoting his stuff on Leno than he would just cashing a paycheck from NBC.

Still, it's my understanding that guests all receive a set Screen Actors Guild (or some such thing) fee for appearing. Last I heard it was $500-$1000 which is basically spare change for a guy like Ringo.

• Members

They do make a little money ... like $200-300 for the appearance ... but like others have stated, it's the air-time and promoting some new CD, movie, event, etc.

Long time past is the day when people were on these types of shows simply for their entertain value, of because they are interesting.

Archived