Paiste PST3 or 5 vs. Sabian XS

wjking

• Members

Anyone played the Paiste PST3 or PST5 series. I don't have a shop close that carries them. The website says they use the same alloy as the 2002 line like the Sabian XS uses the same alloy as the high end Sabians. The Paiste's are $75 less for the pack though. Any comments?

Jason

• Members

yeah, i still never got feedback on the pst5's. the sabian xs cymbals are really good i think, especially the hats. crisp, and semi-agressive sound, while still musical. good for the price, but i really want to hear about the pst5's since i didnt want to spend over 300

• Members

I read on some old posts people describe the 802's as "tinny", but not in a bad way. Not sure what that means. Can anyone compare expereince wit the 802's and the Sabian XS20's?

BTW, thanks to whoever recommended Midwest Percussion's site in one of those old threads. I went there and found the PST5 and XS20 packs for significantly less than everywhere else. On some stuff you have to put the item in your cart to see the discount though. Excellent site, great prices.

• Members

well i know the 201's replaced the 502's, but i think the pst5's are a different thing. i was thinking of getting the 5's, but im probably not gonna play with a band and i kind of what everything quieter, so i might just get some practice pads and those pulse brass cymbals made by paiste.

• 11 months later...
  • Members

i own the pst5's and i really like the 20' ride, great ping great stick definition the bell sounds awesome..... the crash sounds great when played loud and decent when played softer.... the hi-hats, im not really a big fan of, they sound decent, but in comparison to the rest of the set, not so good

Archived