Help setting up double kik pedal

the_chief

• Members

Hi all, I'm a guitar player. Boo:(

..anyway post a pic or something so I will know how/ where to route the double kik pedal for the kit in my recording studio, I've got it running behind the snare stand ok, it's the HH stand I'm having problems with...

be easy, beginner here...

• Members

Can you get the secondary pedal of the double kick to fit alongside the hihat pedal, or do the legs of the hihat stand interfere?? Assuming we're talking a right handed setup, it would be to the right of the hihat pedal.

Some hihat stands are easier to work with than others in this situation.

• Members

Sounds like you have the right idea.

Try to keep the angle between the slave and the main pedal as straight as possible.

Run the bar behind the snare stand as you said you are doing.

Generally the hats should sit right next to the slave pedal. When I used a double pedal I rotated the legs of the hihat stand so that it fit snug up next to my slave pedal.

Some people find it easier to run the leg of the hat stand that is closest to the slave pedal OVER the slave pedal rather than behind it.

I don't really have the stuff to take a picture right now, or I would... my kit is at the jam room.

• Members

I use a hi-hat stand with a swiveling base as well. There are also 2 leg hi-hat stands. For me it's a "must". With a regular 3 leg stand that doesn't swivel I could never get the h.h. pedal right next to my slave pedal the way I like.

• Members

yeah, it's a right handed set up. You're right the leg of the HH is in the way. I'm trying to put the slave and HH pedal next to each other but the HH leg just barely clears the slave pedal.

It's a Pacific kit, stock HH, don't know if it swivels or not, but that would be the key.

let me go check...

• Members

Just about all Hi Hat stands except the budget stands will swivel. All the major drum brands offer their own lines of stands and then there is Gilbralter. For double braced, I use the Pearl 800 series stands because they have always been a little cheaper than the competition. If you are buying over the web and are not sure about a particular model, just look for a product description at the manufacturer's web site. I have bought a lot of no-name hardware in person, but I would stick to name brands if buying over the internet or mail order.

Archived