DM5/Trigger Problem

ned911

• Members

Couple of things to try.

1. test the cables and make sure they are good.

2. make sure you are plugging them into the correct place

3. Make sure there is a voice assigned to the channel you are plugging them into.

Also have you tested the dm5 with any other triggers before?

• Members

1. test the cables and make sure they are good.

Cables are good.

2. make sure you are plugging them into the correct place

Right now I have 1 trigger plugged into the #2 trigger input. When I turn on the DM5 and go to Ext TRIG there is a circle around the 2.

3. Make sure there is a voice assigned to the channel you are plugging them into.

By voice do you mean something other than the note #? Or do I need to assign an actual sound to that note #.

Note is 36 C1 which is assigned to KiK/001 Produced when I mash the Voice button.

Also have you tested the dm5 with any other triggers before?

Have not tested the DM5 with trigger before.

• Members

Ok unless something is set weird in the dm5. level, voice assignment ect. I would suggest testing the trigger.

Just plug the trigger into any powered amp. ie. guitar amp, bass amp, computer, mixer board. Then thump on it. If you hear the poping from you thumping on it then it works. Then you know it is some setting on the alesis. If you can't get it to make noise then you know the trigger is bad.

• Members

Originally posted by Puck

Ok unless something is set weird in the dm5. level, voice assignment ect. I would suggest testing the trigger.

Just plug the trigger into any powered amp. ie. guitar amp, bass amp, computer, mixer board. Then thump on it. If you hear the poping from you thumping on it then it works. Then you know it is some setting on the alesis. If you can't get it to make noise then you know the trigger is bad.

Or you could test it with a multimeter.

Archived