How much $ to trigger?

Rumor

• Members

I was wondering how much it would cost me to set up some triggering. All I really want is to trigger my kick and maybe my snare. All I need is to be able to trigger one sound for each using a sample I already have. This would actually be mainly for recording so if there was a way to just send the computer the information, that would work as well.

I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of how much it would cost to do something like this. I really don't want to buy a module that costs like $500 and plays 10000 sounds when all I want are at least 2 sounds. So please point me in the right direction if there is one. Thanks.

Dustin

• Members

You are probably going to be looking at a couple hundred dollars regardless.

You might be able to get away with an Alesis DM5, but I hear that the snare sounds aren't up to par. You're probably going to have to look at a Roland TD-6 or TD-8, which run between $3-600.

You're also going to need triggers. You could make your own to trigger your kick, but I am not sure how well they would work on a snare. I'd suggest DDrum Triggers (Not Redshot) to trigger your snare and or Roland TD-k7 triggers for youe kick.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived