Check this guy out playing "Tom Sawyer"

rockfan

• Members

Originally posted by ArtVandelay

I'm not sure I understand this clip. I SEE him playing but I'm hearing Peart's drums, not his. How do I know this?

Could be also that you hear the rest of the band an vocals. I seriously doubt that Geddy and Alex were there playing along with this kid. LOL

• Members

Originally posted by Sleef

Could be also that you hear the rest of the band an vocals. I seriously doubt that Geddy and Alex were there playing along with this kid. LOL

They're not?!? Damn, I though they were just off the screen. I could have sworn Geddy was running the camcorder!:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Old Steve

They're not?!? Damn, I though they were just off the screen. I could have sworn Geddy was running the camcorder!
:thu:

Nah...surprisingly, Geddy 's very uncomfortable with home electronics. Odd considering all the gadgets he uses on stage. His VCR is forever blinking "12:00".

• Members

i give him props on that, he played along with it very nice, something still seems a little off though. i didnt watch the video more than once, but his hands did seem to grip the stick wierd, and im also with Old Steve on this one, i have never really seen the point in learning to play ever hit of a song. It seems like it would be important to be able to learn how to portray the song in the same manner as perviously done, but Niel doesnt even play it exactly the same live as he does on the recording.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Correct me if I am mistaken, but you are all talking about my video I posted a year ago. First I would like to clear up a few things:

a) No, you are not hearing my drum audio. It is the recording of Neil.

b) My technique has improved since then and I don't have that choppy arm thing going on anymore.

c) I didn't post this video clip to show how awesome I am.. because that's not a cool thing to do. This was a school project.

d) To the person with the Neil Peart drumset: make up your own set. Don't copy Neil's. There is only one Neil Peart, not two. And don't brag because you can do it better. Who cares, it's Neil's drum track, not anyone elses.

e) Thanks for the feedback everyone. I would never have expected this to be talked about on a forum. How did I find this?!

I posted a new video with my drum audio on YouTube. Search Nick Cesarz or Tom Sawyer if you want to hear it. It is the old video, but I synced up the audio with it.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope I cleared up some confusion! :)

-Nick Cesarz

• Members

Hi, it`s not the best...

He SHOULD learn to play the WHOLE SONG PERFECTLY,

BEFORE listing it on the web.
:idea:

Why? I didn't realise that a requirement for posting a drum video on the net was that it had to be played perfectly. Especially when he's not selling it. Do you feel ripped off or something?

Isn't it be possible that by posting an imperfect version on the internet, he might receive feedback and advice on how to perfect it? What's the point in him posting a perfect version anyway? To show off? Posting an imperfect version in order to receive feedback on how to improve it seems a lot more logical than posting an already perfect version, since all he would have to gain from that is kudos, not advice.

Archived