How does purevolume.com work?

bsumpter

• Members

Hello all!

My band put up a MySpace page last week, and honestly the response we've gotten has been a little overwhelming. It's taking a tremendous amount of time to answer the emails and comments that are coming in. But this is a GOOD problem to have, and I'm not complaining.

I was doing research on internet music distribution, and purevolume.com keeps coming up. So I went over there today and set a site up for us (basically mirroring the myspace.com site). I am a little confused as to how Purevolume works, however.

I see that there is a "Friends" concept that I assume is similar to Myspace. Does this work the same way? Or is purevolume something you do not promote within the network, but by giving out the URL? What has been your experience w/ MySpace vs. Purevolume and the way they operate?

Any tips you guys could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

• Members

From what I can tell, the Friends aspect of Purevolume is nothing like MyFriends. Without the ability to add Friends to the list, what is the point of PureVolume?

If it is just a place to host, then its not what I was looking for.

• Members

Sounds like purevolume is not for us .....

As for MySpace, we just added people in our local area as well as other bands in our genre. I'm not sure what happened after that, but it just snowballed. I guess our new "Friends" started informing their friends?

Archived