hardware problem (threading)

b0dah

• Members

one of the screws that secures my snare straps (or whatever they're called) in place, all of a sudden fails to tighten. it feels as though the threading is shot (continuous turning, still feels loose, is loose) but i can't notice anything the matter with the screw

assuming thats my problem, and i'm in a pinch, is there any good way to secure my snares in place? they loosen really easily now.

• Members

Or buy a new strainer or butt plate (whichever side is stripped). If it's the butt side, a generic butt plate can go for as little as a couple of bucks. If it's the strainer side, consider upgrading to something nicer than what was originally on there.

There are all kinds of "emergency, at-the-gig" kind of fixes, most involving piles of duct tape, twine, and/or coat hangers....as pjb says, they're to be avoided if possible.

• Members
Originally posted by Old Steve

Or buy a new strainer or butt plate (whichever side is stripped). If it's the butt side, a generic butt plate can go for as little as a couple of bucks. If it's the strainer side, consider upgrading to something nicer than what was originally on there.

There are all kinds of "emergency, at-the-gig" kind of fixes, most involving piles of duct tape, twine, and/or coat hangers....as pjb says, they're to be avoided if possible.

It is common to see mid level tama and pearl snares on ebay with a Ludwig P85 throw-off. P85 throw offs are nice, in-expensive and easy to find.

• Members

Originally posted by Old Steve

Agreed. Unless you plan on retapping {censored} around your house, spend the money on a new butt plate or strainer instead of the thread tap.

Archived