My cymbal cracked and i need some recommendation for some new ones

ReighIB

• Members

So I broke my crash and im really sad cause it sounds like crap now. It was one of those cymbols from the zildjian starter kit. Anyway, before i go out and try to find a new crash, i'd like to hear some recommendation from you guys. Mainly im looking for a really rich and full sounding crash for the replacement and a second crash that has a fast and aggresive sound.(yup, gonna buy two). thank you.

• Members

sounds like you wanted the same thing i did - you cant have my cymbals,... ;)

ive got an AAX Stage crash (18") and a Jojo Mayer Signature Crash (18") (both Sabian)

if you'd like to stick with Zildjian, pair up an A Custom with a K Custom Dark and see how you like it.

'course you cymbals probably wont sound like mine, even if theyre the same make and model - so go out and test (if you can)

• Members

Fast normally refers to a quick decay. Decay is a function of thickness. Thin = short decay. Thick = long decay.

I like cymbals that contrast. I routinely mix dark and bright cymbals in my kit. If I have two crashes, one is dark and one bright. My "standard" crashes are a 16 inch K dark medium thin and an old 18 inch A crash-ride (they are medium thin). They are "standard" because I can play them in just about any situation without stepping on someone else's part. (Accent a note within a phrase instead of just playing a crash at the end of a phrase after the melody or vocal part pauses.) If all you have are very large loud crashes, you will fill up the song whenever you use them so the musical opportunities are fewer.

For aggressive crashes, you should also check out china cymbals and china crashes. They come in all kinds of weights, bright and dark. In my experience, chinas are harder to control so I would think that a 16 inch china would be about the same effect as an 18 inch regular crash.

• Members

go fer sabian paragon cymbles those r what niel peart uses (rush) but watch out fer the price tag. a crash a ride and a slash r bout 600$ :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: but they have great sound!!

or u can try some bosphorus cymbles. go to www.cymbalsonly.com and u can hear them befor u buy 'em

i thnk stick with zildjian and shop around on internet and music stores fer some good ones. or read modern drummer magazine thats were i learn bout of my stuff.

:thu:

Archived