Emad Question(s)

ts8586

• Members

I just got a new Gretsch kit that came with Evans heads. I don't want to replace the bass drum head, I just want to try their Emad's, which I've never used yet. Do I need to buy the whole freaking head or can I just buy the external muffling ring?

If I need to buy the whole head, does anyone make a similar type of external muffling ring like that?

• Members

just out of curiousity -- what would you do with the muffling ring -- if you did't have the head?

On my EMAD head there's a mylar strip that holds the foam in place ... but it's an older head -- have they changed that?

=bruce

• Members

Originally posted by boose44

just out of curiousity -- what would you do with the muffling ring -- if you did't have the head?

On my EMAD head there's a mylar strip that holds the foam in place ... but it's an older head -- have they changed that?

=bruce

I was hoping you could just by the ring (that holds the muffling ring) and the muffling ring(s) and just slap the bitc* on your current head.

• Members

Originally posted by bodinski

You can buy a roll adhesive backed foam (in various widths) for about $4 at most hardware stores. Make your own - just clean the head surface with alcohol & stick it, bud.

I will stick it as soon as I get it. Thanks for the advice... I think.

Archived