What is the fastest you have ever set up?

jnewcomer

• Members

Originally posted by Dark Slide

[...]

What pisses ME off are drummers, who at the end of their set decide that RIGHT ON THE RISER is a good place to break everything down. I may not set up real fast, b ut it's my time, so I do with it as I please, but I pride myself on having my whole kit off stage super fast.

When I see assholes breaking down on the riser, I just want to {censored}ing scream. TAKING YOUR {censored}ING {censored} OFF STAGE AND
THEN
BREAK IT DOWN, ASSHOLE!

Yeah that is pretty damn rude. A true sign of an amateur.

• Members

Originally posted by Dark Slide

When I see assholes breaking down on the riser, I just want to {censored}ing scream. TAKING YOUR {censored}ING {censored} OFF STAGE AND
THEN
BREAK IT DOWN, ASSHOLE!

How about this: we played with a band where the drummer was soooooo begging for attention. Always standing up during quiet passages, twirling sticks, walking out from behind the kit during quiet non-drumming parts....might have just as well bought a giant sign that said "LOOK AT ME". Anyway, Mr. "Cries for Attention" finishes the set, and I'm off to the side of the stage with my kit racked and ready to go replace his standard 5 piece configuration, and rather than pull his stuff off so I can get my stuff on, he has to go cruise around the bar for a little while so that he can see IF anybody noticed he was in the band and tell him how cool he was.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting there cooling my jets for about 10 minutes watching the rest of his bandmates strike their gear (totally cleared their stuff efficiently) before he comes back to start getting his crap off the riser.

Archived