As I Lay Dying?

Tosis Maguill

• Members

I don't have a picture of it, but it looks like a big rubber block with a few wires coming out of it.. It's not a trigger, unless it's some type of "trigger" that I've never heard of.. He hits it with a stick and it's by his hi-hats.. I saw them last night and noticed it while they were micing up his set..

• Members

Nah, As I Lay Dying doesn't use triggers.. They do get a trigger effect from using two mics per bass drum and some other thing [it's explained in their FAQ on their website; hell, I'm not a drummer.. Haha] It may be a pad of some sort, but I just don't know.. The thing generates bass like a mother {censored}er though.

• Members

Well... it's driving a sound module of some sort, right? So the sound you're hearing isn't coming from the pad... If you're just interested in the SOUND, you can probably forget about the pad hardware and see if you can figure out what sound controller it's hooked to.

Right?

/willy

• Members

Any cheap Roland pad with a sound module will get you the same thing. I use a rubber Roland pad, a MIDI converter, and an SP-808, which allows you to upload your own sounds to it. The bass sample that our guitarist found is ridiculous for it.

Go to Google and search for an 808 sample, you'll find a ton of them.

Archived