I just bought...

Metalhead_drum1

• Members

Ahh. Bring on the White Stripes covers!

Seriously though. Lots of people talk about not letting cymbal brand name dictate your buying choices. I wonder if anyone here plays a "Frankenkit". Tama bass drum, Mapex floor tom, one Pearl rack tom, one Yamaha rack tom, and a Pork Pie snare. You could really customize your sound then. Re-Finish them all but leave the name badges. That might be pretty cool way to make a custom kit.

• Members

Originally posted by RockBass

Seriously though. Lots of people talk about not letting cymbal brand name dictate your buying choices. I wonder if anyone here plays a "Frankenkit". Tama bass drum, Mapex floor tom, one Pearl rack tom, one Yamaha rack tom, and a Pork Pie snare. You could really customize your sound then. Re-Finish them all but leave the name badges. That might be pretty cool way to make a custom kit.

I'd all de time be piecing together a frankenkit from stuff lying around the instrument closets when I was in college. Played em' at jazz band concerts, sometimes, too. (To my dismay, the new kit the college bought turned out to be a basic Export... no $$ left over for new heads, either.)

always loved the way a marching bass sounded with a kit. boooom...

• Members

the LOUD kit. played with Tama Power Tools 2B

FRANKENKIT #1 (played from '89-'91)

BD = Ludwig Stainless Steel 26"

SN = Remo 3x14

Toms = Rogers [big R] 13" and 16"

Ride = Meinl 21" Raker ride

HH = Meinl Raker

Crashes & Chinas = anything loud

the small quiet kit. played with Vater 7a Manhattan

FRANKENKIT #2 (present)

BD = Slingerland 20"