drum amp for electronic drums ?

comecon_186

• Members

Hey

I am going to be purchasing a mandala pad fairly shortly, to use in combination with my acoustic kit. What amp/amps can be recommended to check out ? (it needs to be loud enough while still sounding great, to keep up with the acoustic kit. price range is whatever it needs to be.

• Members

Go to the music store and try out some bass amps.

Try plugging into the "FX return," which will bypass the preamp.

Also, you might want to look at the JBL Eon powered speakers.

Personally, I use a Trace Elliot combo into an eden cab (which is my bass amp) for electronic stuff, and it does a good job. If there isn't too mcuh bass, running into the poweramp of a closed back guitar cab can be okay.

• Members

Originally posted by comecon_186

thank you very much for the help. .

Maybe this would work ? although i think I would rather have a stereo amp . . or two amps. I have an ampeg b2r head (rack) and an ampeg 4x10 classic with 3 ports at the bottom. Is it worth a shot ?

Well, you should give it a go and see if you like it; bypassing the tone controls by going into poweramp is probably your best bet. I bet that it could keep up with an acoustic kit, though...

Keep in mind, that for live SR, stereo isn't usually gonna happen except maybe for the people on stage, so while it is really nice in the headphones or on the home system, it isn't somehting that I personally worry about when playing with folks.

• Members

Originally posted by rockbeat

Just check out some of Roland's upper end keyboard amplifiers.

What rockbeat says.......I use two Roland KC500 keyboard amps with my Roland kit. They can be stereo linked for panning. Work very well and are powerful..about $500 each.

Archived