Lately, I've been...

sidereal

• Members
Originally posted by Old Steve

whoo hoo, just got the power back on, AND I get to run the chainsaw tomorrow to help the neighbor chop up his fallen tree! Lost the lights at 3pm or so, got 'em back at 11. At least I still have reasonably cool beer!
:D

Here's my recipe: cut a slice of mozz, and put a tomato slice on top if it. A little red onion and/or some basil. GOOD olive oil, and some fancy-so-schmancy balsamic vinagar, and then (my secret tip) a pinch of kosher sea salt (the big granular type) on it. I could eat about 4 pounds of that.

If that doesn't work for you, go to Arthur Avenue in the Bronx (I don't care where you live, get in the friggin car and get there) and go to "La Casa de Mozzerala". Get as much of their bocccincini (mozzerala knots) as you can afford without selling your kit. That shiznit is the perfect food as far as I'm concerned.

OH MY GOD!!!
So friggin good!!!!

• Members
Originally posted by theFoot

Nice! Old Steve lost power, has fallen trees, and got some warm beers, and BAM! Here he is posting again. Real good energy there. Whew!

Good tip on La Casa de Mozzerala on Arthur Avenue in the Bronx. Great place to get the moz. And hell, even if you live in Detroit, Mich. or Ontario, Cali. or Tampa, Fla. it's worth the road trip.

Old Steve, I gotta step up the salt thing. Go for the grey "moist" salt, like
here
. Although this is the nicely package on-line-order stuff, you can pick up big bags for cheap in the Indian groceries.

OK, now back to making sure those beers don't suffer from being cold, then too warm, then cold again.

Arthur Avenue is Disneyland for Italians and anyone else who likes the finest cheeses, meats and pastries.
I try and get there a few times a year, mainly around the holidays. There is nothing finer :thu:

Screw the drums. Bring on the Mozzarella, Tomatoes, Fresh Basil, Good Semolina bread, Extra Virgin Olio, and of course, a cold beer, OR a nice red. Room temperature.
{censored}. Im going to the local salumeria to spend my last couple of bucks on the above. There goes the diet!

• Members

Screw the drums. Bring on the Mozzarella, Tomatoes, Fresh Basil, Good Semolina bread, Extra Virgin Olio, and of course, a cold beer, OR a nice red. Room temperature.
{censored}. Im going to the local salumeria to spend my last couple of bucks on the above. There goes the diet!

Actually that is a very low fat meal and very good for you, mozz cheese has got very little fat unless home made. Your really going for flavor on this one mmmmmmmmmmm. tum-tum is happy:D

• Members

Originally posted by BBDrums

Actually that is a very low fat meal and very good for you, mozz cheese has got very little fat unless home made. Your really going for flavor on this one mmmmmmmmmmm. tum-tum is happy:D

Absolutely. I grew up eating this way for lunch with my grandparents in Queens NY. I still eat a basically mediteranean diet, lots of good oils, veggies, lean meats, a little wine.

Not a bad way to spend a few hours on a sunday afternoon. Good food, some tunes, a little bread and cheese, and maybe the new MD.

• Members

tonight's menu:

Degroen's Pils and Miller High Life

eggplant, grilled, basted w/ olive oil
sweet italian sausage, grilled w/ sauteed vidalia onion and red bell peppers
chicken legs w/ Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbeque sauce
Green Leaf Lettuce w/ fresh basil, thinly sliced vidalia onion, sliced heirloom tomatoes, dressed with x-virgin olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon, sea salt and cracked black pepper

tea with sliced honeycrisp apples
cantaloupe with squeezed lime

bourbon

• Members
Originally posted by T Hofmann

tonight's menu:

Green Leaf Lettuce w/ fresh basil, thinly sliced vidalia onion, sliced heirloom tomatoes, dressed with x-virgin olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon, sea salt and cracked black pepper

bourbon

Man you know how to eat:thu: Eggplant on the grill is really good. Im not a big chicken leg guy, but I do like the thighs a lot. Theyre always juicy.
That sounds like a meal fit for a king! Enjoy it!!:D

• Members
Originally posted by mraia

Man you know how to eat:thu: Eggplant on the grill is really good. Im not a big chicken leg guy, but I do like the thighs a lot. Theyre always juicy.

That sounds like a meal fit for a king! Enjoy it!!

done.
some reason, I just like the drumsticks on the grill....

• Members

tonight's menu:

bourbon

Is that Lean Quisine'

:D I couldn't resist:D

really, do you make your pesto with garlic olive oil and fresh basil.
Don't forget your oils; the less cooking you do with it, the more virgin it should be. thats what chef always taught us.

When ever in dought.....Grill it. you can't go wrong.:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by BBDrums

Is that Lean Quisine'

I couldn't resist:D

really, do you make your pesto with garlic olive oil and fresh basil.

Don't forget your oils; the less cooking you do with it, the more virgin it should be. thats what chef always taught us.

When ever in dought.....Grill it. you can't go wrong.
:thu:

pesto:
basil
garlic
olive oil
pine nuts
parmesan (not in the green tube, mind you.)
salt&peppa to taste.

TV dinner tip of the day: foil trays go in the oven, plastic in the microwave. always.

• Members

tonight's menu:

bourbon

You know, it's f*ckin' guys like you who make it hard for the rest of us! :mad:

:D:D

• Members

So heres what I've got ready for todays feast

I got a nice Pork loin that Ive been marinating in a paste of Olive Oil, Red wine, a ton of garlic, crushed red pepper, basil, bit of lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Marinating since yesterday morming. Im gonna put that thing on the rotisserie grill at about 250 or 300 degrees, and let it cook sloooooowly. Some brown rice, sauteed string beans with a little onion, mesculun salad, and Im good to go.
little wine, and some fruit, and its a day.:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by mraia

So heres what I've got ready for todays feast

I got a nice Pork loin that Ive been marinating in a paste of Olive Oil, Red wine, a ton of garlic, crushed red pepper, basil, bit of lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Marinating since yesterday morming. Im gonna put that thing on the rotisserie grill at about 250 or 300 degrees, and let it cook sloooooowly. Some brown rice, sauteed string beans with a little onion, mesculun salad, and Im good to go.

little wine, and some fruit, and its a day.
:thu:

that's a good day.

after yesterday's workout, today's gonna be.....
peanut butter on a piece of bread folded over.
and more High Life.

happy Labor Dabor, guys.

• Members

that's a good day.

after yesterday's workout, today's gonna be.....

peanut butter on a piece of bread folded over.

and more High Life.

happy Labor Dabor, guys.

Would that be Peter Pan or Skippy on white Wonder Bread??

Because if it is, youve got my feast beat cold!!

Enjoy the holiday:thu:

Archived