Are Drummers Smart Enought To Realize That Ketchup Requires No Refrigeration?

sydfan

• Members

Originally posted by Old Steve

Ketchup, otherwise known as "The King of Condiments" goes in the fridge after I open it. That's just the way I roll, dog.

What about pancake syrup Steve? I never can remember whether it requires refrigeration or not. Help me out here pancake master.

• Members

Originally posted by JSimms

What about pancake syrup Steve? I never can remember whether it requires refrigeration or not. Help me out here pancake master.

Nah, it doesn't need it, still if you prefer to do so (I do) the fridge is fine. The issue with syrup, as I see it, is that there's always that last drip that doesn't quite leave the top of the bottle after you pour it that gums up the top of the bottle over time.

If you leave that sucker out, it won't be long before it's attracting insects from miles around to its tasty sweetness. By locking it up in the fridge, it's out of harm's way.

• Members

Originally posted by Old Steve

Nah, it doesn't need it, still if you prefer to do so (I do) the fridge is fine. The issue with syrup, as I see it, is that there's always that last drip that doesn't quite leave the top of the bottle after you pour it that gums up the top of the bottle over time.

If you leave that sucker out, it won't be long before it's attracting insects from miles around to its tasty sweetness. By locking it up in the fridge, it's out of harm's way.

Thanks.

I keep mine in the fridge as well, but I warm it up before I put it on my pancakes. I was thinking of leaving it out to forgo the warming up process, but the point about the insects is a good one. In the fridge it shall stay.

• Members

Originally posted by JSimms

Thanks.

I keep mine in the fridge as well, but I warm it up before I put it on my pancakes. I was thinking of leaving it out to forgo the warming up process, but the point about the insects is a good one. In the fridge it shall stay.

We always left ours in the cabinet and never had any insect invasions.

I think that commercial where the mom and daughter are yelling nice things at each other in a mean tone, the cell phone one, i think that is funny.

• Members

Ketchup and blue cheese dressing can be put on most food to make them better, including, but not limited to, all vegetables, hamburgers, steaks, potatoes, any type of chicken, ice cream, and babies.

WAIT... GROSSS.... okay, not ice cream. :D

• Members

Should ketchup be refrigerated?

Because it is a very acidic product, ketchup does not spoil easily. Once opened, in order to maintain the product's quality more effectively, we do suggest that ketchup (and any other processed food) be refrigerated after opening because refrigeration retards spoilage.

Well said, :thu: I would refrigerate my ketchup, but I would leave my syrup out, its like honey most syrups are pasturized to make it safe for us drummers to leave it out overnight once or twice. I would not leave fresh maple syrup out though.

Thats my opinion, we welcome yours!:D

• Members

Originally posted by FitchFY

Ketchup and blue cheese dressing can be put on most food to make them better, including, but not limited to, all vegetables, hamburgers, steaks, potatoes, any type of chicken, ice cream, and babies....

Hmmm....blue cheese dressing on chicken. Never tried that but it sounds pretty good!

Perhaps I'll make a batch of Paprika chicken thighs and put some dressing on it, with some thinly sliced red onion on top of that!

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Drumming4Him

What are you guys talking about?!?!?! Drummers aren't supposed to eat like that - good. We're supposed to live off Top Ramen, sardines, and spaghettiOs. Get your guys' act together, geez.

Ahhh, but you dont know the DW!

The man eats well:thu:

Archived