Dear Drum Forum Guys

sydfan

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by the DW

Hmmm.....dijon mustard. Never thought of that. A little bit spread on the bun might be interesting. Or, mix a little Wasabi (Japanese horseradish - the green stuff) with mayo and use that as a spread. Hmmm....

I like the rosemary idea. I'll have to try that. I had mentioned to Aqua that sometimes I'll put in black pepper, but cayenne could work too I suppose.

I've had no formal training, I just watch the Food Network a lot!

:D

I've found that I like to cook just about as much as I like to eat. It's the cleaning up the I don't like! Thank heaven for automatic dishwashers!!

:thu:

Oh man, Wasabi!! Good call on that.

• Members

Have we really gone from fighting to exchanging recipes!? :eek:

Dudes! We're all turning into weemen what with all the drama and "oh that sounds delicious I'll have to try that!" If we start talking fashion tips, I'm going to really start worrying!

(BTW, I love cooking AND eating, too. :o ) I'm right on with DW as far as the cleaning up though. I need to hire a lowly bass player to take care of that {censored} for me. :idea::o:idea:

My cooking tip for the forum: if you can find a way to add bacon to the meal, it will probably taste pretty damn good. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by ulank

Have we really gone from fighting to exchanging recipes!?
:eek:

Dudes! We're all turning into weemen what with all the drama and "oh that sounds delicious I'll have to try that!" If we start talking fashion tips, I'm going to really start worrying!

(BTW, I love cooking AND eating, too.
:o
) I'm right on with DW as far as the cleaning up though. I need to hire a lowly bass player to take care of that {censored} for me.
:idea::o:idea:

My cooking tip for the forum: if you can find a way to add bacon to the meal, it will probably taste pretty damn good.

Buddy, it seems as though it has truly come to that!
No more fighting for me. Some guys here that are smarter than me told me that if you ignore a problem it will go away. Words to live by!
Anyway, better to cook and eat than to fight!

Bacon improves everything. I would eat it raw if I wasnt afraid of dying!

• Members
Originally posted by mraia

What do you think about mixing in a little bit of Grey Poupon mustard? I dont know how that would react with the Oyster Sauce, but it might be interesting.

It sounds like this is the kind of recipe you can almost use as like a "launching pad" to kind of build on and create new flavors.

Maybe even go for a mediteranean thing with some rosemany, basil, thyme, etc. or tex-mex with some adobo, cayenne, chili powder, etc.

Either way, I cant wait to try it. Sundried tomatoes would add a lot to that. Do you have any formal training in the culinary arts?

Your like a culinary Jedi Master around here

so, to get the most flavor of each ingredient, should this be saute'd in 13" or 14" hi-hats?......

• Members

Originally posted by TimeKeeper310

so, to get the most flavor of each ingredient, should this be saute'd in 13" or 14" hi-hats?......

I prefer a 20" ride with a large bell. The only problem is I can't stop the gravy from draining out through that center hole. Damn!

• Members

Dude i absolutely love the food network. When i am home between classes, i tell myself i am going to study, but I turn it on food network and end up watching it until my next class. YAR!!!

Its all about 30 Minute Meals.
And the Italian woman
and emeril
Im not big on Paula Deen, as her recipes are never healthy and just seem to be some variation of pure sugar.

• Members
Originally posted by kmd_97

...and emeril...

I loved those episodes from a few years ago when he would get absolutely crocked while taping!

But Emeril was responsible for taking the fear of cooking away, for me anyway.

"..if you don't have this, use that. If you don't have that, use something else, but don't forget to season it!"

He's the one that made me realize that cooking is an art, not a science (baking is a science.) Been watching him from day 1, when he was using that electric stove in the small studio with no audience.

• Members

I may get slammed for this, but does anyone else out there find Rachel Ray hugely attractive?
I dont know, something about her perkiness that makes me want to take her home to my folks, and feed her soup.
She pisses lots of people off, but for me, she's the jam in my jelly roll.

• Members
Originally posted by kmd_97

Only thing about R^2 is that she needs a bigger rack.

I mean really, her spice rack cant hold all the spices she needs.

No im kidding, her boobs are tiny.

Yeah,your right about that..but that contributes to her Girl Next Door-ishness.

That said, her spice rack has just the right spices for me, plus some room for my own special sauce.

That was disgusting. Im sorry...;)

Archived