Jazz Kit...

JWL

• Members

Tottally,

My High school had a yamaha kit in those sizes for jazz band, and I always loved the sound of that kit. In fact, I have DW's in the same config, but with a 20" inch bass, a little bit more versatile for rock, but for real, you can't go wrong. Yamaha makes great kits, they stand up to gigging, and they will probobly be my next purchase. The Absolute Birch series is just amazing. Go for it bro. Great jazz kit. Yamaha makes great drums for jazz too in my opinion, they also have this config at my college that I work at, and the jazz band sounds great. Great gig kit, and I'm guessing economical. Slap some remo renaissance heads and you'll be swingin bro. What series?:thu: :thu: :thu: :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by JWL

not totally sure in fact which series---www.newcastledrum.com

Theyre on the bargain page in the kits section

those might be the stage custom nouveaus... based on the name of the finish and the look of the lugs...

that's a pretty well respected set of drums. if you're into getting that small a bass drum, it seems a cool deal.

cool kit. although you should spend almost 5x as much on the pink ones.

• Members

Originally posted by T Hofmann

those might be the stage custom nouveaus... based on the name of the finish and the look of the lugs...

that's a pretty well respected set of drums. if you're into getting that small a bass drum, it seems a cool deal.

cool kit. although you
should
spend almost 5x as much on the pink ones.

Thanks buddy- but by that do you meant that the stage customs are cheaper on there than they should be?

Also Im definitely into that size of kit being of the jazz persuasion.

All about havin a kit that sounds right and takes 5 minutes to set up

• Members

Originally posted by JWL

Thanks buddy- but by that do you meant that the stage customs are cheaper on there than they should be?

Also Im definitely into that size of kit being of the jazz persuasion.

All about havin a kit that sounds right and takes 5 minutes to set up

sure! you're welcome.

Google sez that's about 700+ USD... a new 5 pc Stage Custom Nouveau kit goes for $900 or so...

Play 'em first, of course. seems a decent deal. (If they're new.) If you dig the sound, g'head!

• Members

I have birch absolutes and they're so great. They're EXTREMELY versatile as well. I play a 20" bass and if I was to put a coated ambassador on the kick it would be perfect for jazz. Even a clear single ply or control type head would be great. I would look into the birch, I think they're def worth the money.

Archived