Taye Drums

TimeKeeper310

• Members

I've never had the opportunity to play a Taye kit. I've heard they're really nice. I have a Taye cymbal stand that is one of my favorites. If the drums are built as well as the stand they should be damn near bulletproof.

Everyone probably already knows this, but the company is now headed up by Ray Ayotte.

• Members

I almost bought one before I chose my Sonor kit.

Good quality, good price, nice looking drums. The RockPro line is going to be comparable to the upper level Pearl Exports, while the TourPro is going to be more akin to the Sonor Force series (to my ear, at least).

• Members

Great maple sound, I don't know how the mid-end and low-end ones play, but the high-end, all maple ones are great sounding, warm, solid drums. I find that a lot of people have a lot to say about Taye's hardware, especially the snare stand. they appear to be a very solid, fair priced, american made kit. Whats the whole connection to Ayotte, I never understood that. But whatever, I know that this master drum maker from Ayotte had some part in bringing Taye drums to a higher quality standard, which they now enjoy. Also, In the MD, they have an ad about their Go-Kit, gigging kits, and they seem more than affordable and good quality. I am actually looking for a good gig set, and I am going to give that one a closer look than the manu-katche yamahas, because of the bigger bass drum. A fine, new, and AMERICAN company. hard to come by these days, DW pacifics aren't even made in America. I try and support American instrument companies, especially drum companies. We make some of the best drums in the world, if not THE best. I think the best. Also, they make nice snare drums, and I've priced the replacement wood snare drum hoops from them, and they are a little bit cheaper than some other brands.:thu: :thu:

• Members

I play the Taye GoKit and I love it. I bought it for smaller gigs and practice and I wound up selling all my other kits and keeping just that one. Well built drums, but I'm not that fond of the hardware. the drums themselves though, sound amazing. Crisp, clear tone, even for the short stack toms and kick that I have. I've played some of the biggest stages around the NY tri-state area with them and they've held up very well. If I ever found that I needed a full size kit, I'd just buy a 22" tourpro kick and 16" floor tom to match my current set up. I love the short stack toms that much that I wouldn't think of replacing them. the 18" kick is very responsive. I use a Emad on it and nothing else and it's punchy and surprisingly deep. It's not going to make you forget your 22" kick, but it will more than handle the job.

The hardware is ok, mediocre at best. Atleast the stuff that came with the set. the kick pedal is nice, but the rest I could do without, but that wasn't the reason I bought them. I had double braced Tama stuff anyway. You could try to purchase the set without hardware or try to sell it off to recoup some money. I've played approximately 10 shows a month with them since February and they've never given me a problem, and the snare and toms all fit into one nice case.

Archived