• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by jacarual

What is Jambalaya???

Never had it!

NEVER HAD JAMBALAYA?!?!?!?!

You MUST find a place to get it from. How about gumbo? Etouffee? Make sure it's frmo a decent place and not from some fast food joint like Popeye's. Even the Chicken Helper version is superior to that stuff.

I went through a period where everything I cooked came out like a mix of jambalaya and etouffee. Made a batch of dark roux and froze some for later use. Just kept putting it in stuff to thicken - soups, stews, mixed with stock and added to stir fries with rice. Everything became a sort of cajun fusion dish.

• Members

My Brothers,

Being from South Louisiana, I have to chime in about this food discussion.

When we built our band room, we included a full kitchen. At just about every practice, one of us cooks. Anyone else has a kitchen in their practice studio?

On one of the local New Orleans radio stations, there is a music scene radio show on Saturday mornings call "Soul in a Bowl" and hosted by "Johnny Jambayala." It talks about the local music and food scene. The last big gig we did, food was included in the ticket price. In fact, most of them do.

Ever heard of the "New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival?" Many of the people come just for the food.

• Members

Yes, "She" is from Michigan - grew up in the Detroit area but now it's Saginaw...not many southern type restaurants here...Hhmm, now that I mention it, there aren't any southern restaurants here. Come to think of it, there really aren't any good places to eat so to speak. We've got Bennigans, Lonestar, Outback, Olive Garden, Gengi (japanese steakhouse), a few Chinese, and that about covers it...

I can walk from one end of the mall to the other in about 2 1/2 minutes...not that I go there often. I like WalMart and it's a Super WalMart so I can grocery shop there too. But we do have a Guitar Center and a place called Mid Michigan Music...

Now do you know why I want to leave???:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by jacarual

Yes, "She" is from Michigan - grew up in the Detroit area but now it's Saginaw...not many southern type restaurants here...Hhmm, now that I mention it, there aren't any southern restaurants here. Come to think of it, there really aren't any good places to eat so to speak. We've got Bennigans, Lonestar, Outback, Olive Garden, Gengi (japanese steakhouse), a few Chinese, and that about covers it...

I can walk from one end of the mall to the other in about 2 1/2 minutes...not that I go there often. I like WalMart and it's a Super WalMart so I can grocery shop there too. But we do have a Guitar Center and a place called Mid Michigan Music...

Now do you know why I want to leave???
:thu:

Hey! I grew up in Grand Rapids, just forty minutes from the boggy, polluted coast of Lake Michigan.:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by summit111

My Brothers,

Being from South Louisiana, I have to chime in about this food discussion.

When we built our band room, we included a full kitchen. At just about every practice, one of us cooks. Anyone else has a kitchen in their practice studio?

I f'n love you, and I f'n love your band.

holy {censored}, dude.

• Members

this jambalaya minus tomatoe's sounds so good....

well actually a lot of american food sounds good, i have a list of what I want to try before i die :D:D

-Corndog's

-Phillidelphia Cheese Steak

-North Carolina, Vinegar based? Barbeque

-A burger from that place with the GIANT burgers

-A Steak as big as a toilet seat

-Gumbo/Crayfish broil

-Buffalo Wings

-Meatball Sub (are the ones from subway comparable?)

Theres lots Ive forgotten but those stand out at the moment:D

Archived