read this thread later...

TimeKeeper310

• Members

Okay guys...I don't have anything important to ask...since, in the last 6-9 months, you guys have always assisted in steering me in the right directions...I think I've been mostly lucky, to have been born with a natural sense of rhythm?...since, I've had no 'technical' training?....I'm kinda one of those, 'learned it by ear' guys. similar to when i sit behind the kit....sticks in my hand....i DO know where to put 'em...but, I've learned a LOT of other 'technical' sides of the drums, and drumming!!! :thu:

oh!!..so, anyways...ya'll take a break from some of those important, informative, technical questions..and help me to find sum new or different stuff to listen to??

..ok..day in, day out...any of these are in my CD player..I don't watch T.V....only listen to music ....Whitesnake...Thin Lizzy...Bad Company...Nickelback...King Kobra...Rainbow...Rough Cutt...Cry Of Love...Y & T...Black Stone Cherry...Thornley...

...tell me, what are the bands you listen to?..I mean, bands similar to the styles of the aforementioned....:thu: ..

I am ALWAYS on the search for different music..new music..old...:cool:

...one other thing....

.......I have had ti many martooni's !!:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by TimeKeeper310

Okay guys...I don't have anything important to ask...since, in the last 6-9 months, you guys have always assisted in steering me in the right directions...I think I've been mostly lucky, to have been born with a natural sense of rhythm?...since, I've had no 'technical' training?....I'm kinda one of those, 'learned it by ear' guys. similar to when i sit behind the kit....sticks in my hand....i DO know where to put 'em...but, I've learned a LOT of other 'technical' sides of the drums, and drumming!!!
:thu:

oh!!..so, anyways...ya'll take a break from some of those important, informative, technical questions..and help me to find sum new or different stuff to listen to??

..ok..day in, day out...any of these are in my CD player..I don't watch T.V....only listen to music ....Whitesnake...Thin Lizzy...Bad Company...Nickelback...King Kobra...Rainbow...Rough Cutt...Cry Of Love...Y & T...Black Stone Cherry...Thornley...

...tell me, what are the bands you listen to?..I mean, bands similar to the styles of the aforementioned....
:thu:

I am ALWAYS on the search for different music..new music..old...
:cool:

...one other thing....

.......I have had ti many martooni's !!
:rolleyes:

Dave Matthews - I can never remember the guy's name, but he is a freaking awesome drummer - does his parts to perfection - not overboard, no showboating...just perfection.

• Members

I see distinct love of rock and roll! Ain't nothing wrong with that! If you're looking for something new in that idiom... or close to it...

BUCKCHERRY: Modern day rock and roll. The new album, "15" is kickin' fun stuff!

THE LIVING END: Punk-ish, but great musicality; picture The Stray Cats on crank.

INJECTED: They had one CD in about `01 or so, but it's a cool disc. You can find it in most used CD bins for $4.99.

KING'S X: Groove-heavy rock music with tons of vocal harmonies. I'd say start with "Dogman," but for your (apparent) taste, the new disc, "Ogre Tones," is more up your alley.

Happy hunting!

Archived