Throne is destroyed...

Dyzio

• Members

Kind of weird of how this happen, but yeah as the title states, my throne is no longer usuable. I was jamming with some friends of mine and the bassist(who happens to be a better drummer) asks if he could fill in for a song while I play bass. So when the song comes to a close, he decides to get on one knee and do a nice little fill. Now, hes not a heavy guy, but he leans too much on one side of the seat and crack, the bracket breaks in half. Now I'm stuck with a cushion and a useless bracket. I went to the Tama website( my kits a Tama Stagestar) to see if I could order a new bracket and the best that did for me was just to get a entirely new throne, which I dont want to spend the cash on. Do any of you guys know any sites or stores where I could possibly find a new bracket?

• Members

Originally posted by HottKarl

How 'bout just going to your friend's wallet and getting yourself enough $$$ for a new stool?!?!?!

WTF?!?!? If I was using someone's stuff and broke it in the process....I'd be buying him a new one.

Some friend.

Well, when he first broke it, he said he would give the one he has at his place. But for some reason, his Dad won't allow him to do that, and my parents don't want me to have it unless he is allowed to I supposed. I know its kind of f****ed up,but I'll see what happens.

• Members

Life is too short, you need to go down there, and explain to his parents that he broke your musical equipment, and that they need to compensate somewhat in the replacement for it...Just because they are older than you and had sex and popped out a kid, doesn't mean that they are always right or smarter than you, and your parents seem not like the confrontational type, But it is you who is {censored} out of luck without a proper drum throne, you need to go out there, politely, and get your {censored} playa, aint nobody, not even mommy or daddy gonna do that for you.

I'm sorry to tell you, but its the god honest truth, tell this fat bastard and his fat parents that your sorry, but your going to ask them to replace what there fat ass son {censored}in broke..

Damn it...:thu:

• Members

as Mike and Mike in the Morning say...

"You gotta man up, you gotta man up baby"

Don't let this {censored} and his parents, not replace what they broke of yours. Simple and plain, I'm sure you will be happy with taking matters into your own hands and getting done what needs to be done.

Good life lesson, if a credit card statement was wrong, are you going to pay it, {censored} NO, you need to take matters into your OWN hands sometimes and get it done and get that {censored} changed. Take care of yoself foo. Be polite though, always, never get what you want if your not polite:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by sherman22

Life is too short, you need to go down there, and explain to his parents that he broke your musical equipment, and that they need to compensate somewhat in the replacement for it...Just because they are older than you and had sex and popped out a kid, doesn't mean that they are always right or smarter than you, and your parents seem not like the confrontational type, But it is you who is {censored} out of luck without a proper drum throne, you need to go out there, politely, and get your {censored} playa, aint nobody, not even mommy or daddy gonna do that for you.

I'm sorry to tell you, but its the god honest truth, tell this fat bastard and his fat parents that your sorry, but your going to ask them to replace what there fat ass son {censored}in broke..

Damn it...
:thu:

LOL:D way to put man...

I'm really not that angry over it, and probably in the end he will give me that throne. I still have the seat and everything, so I'm not completely screwed. Thanks for the advice, and inspiration..... :wave:

• Members

Just sometimes people are soo stupid...

Glad I can help...Just a 23 year old who thinks he knows more about life than he actually does. but everything I said is true.

And I had a messed up credit card statement.. but its all good now...I'll drink it off later, but..

I don't know anyone out there has the same prob...Whats the point of paying more to have the flashy American Express card if they {censored} everything up just like the others...Sheesh...

:thu:

• Members

Came with a Tama Stagestar?

Tama's cheapest throne is the HT25 and can be had all over for $30 (US) most of the time. Just buy a new throne (or have HIM buy you one) and keep the old one for parts or make another type stand out of the old throne base.

Or hit up a drum shop and see if they have any old seat cushions with brackets setting around they want to get rid of. I had one given to me when it was found by the store manager looking for something else!

Boomerweps

Archived