OK, sorry but teh search button is borked

fesswrx

• Members

I am looking for an excellent Intermediate/Advanced DVD/VHS. An instructor is not possible for me because of my work schedule. Anyone got a suggestion? My main interests are Rock, Funk, R&B and New Metal. Please keep in mind that I play everything by ear and can't read music very well. After 8 years of playing on and off I think its time for me to buckle down a bit. I have used Rock Drums Vol 1 and 2 when I first started playing and it helped me a lot from what I recall (its been a while). I want to be able to sit down with this and play along . pause, rewind ect... You know, closest you can get to a real instructor kind of thing. Is there anything like this out there?

Thanks Peoples...

Fess

• Members

I'm not sure about those Moeller videos. Moeller is a very simple technique that just takes lots of practice to master, and I'm not sure what all they're going to cram into a DVD to make it worth the money.

There's a good Steve Smith DVD, I think, and a Dave Weckl series. The Thomas Lang DVD got great reviews, and has a ton of heel-toe info in it.

I have a real live instructor, so I haven't used any of these personally, but I've heard good things about them.

BORK BORK BORK!

/w

• Members

I like the Thomas Lange DVD's because, well, there is just so much to learn, emulate, and straight up gawk at. I also like to watch regular band DVD's on concert, Rush in Rio, Pink Floyd Pulse, Simon and Garfunkel/ STeve gadd, ect...

Also, the Dave Weckle ones are pretty good, but a little, shall we say, bland. I also dig on the so called "drum day" videos, you know meinl day, Mdfest, ect...

A lot of good DVD's from Hudson Music and DW DVD's. Also, the Terry Bozzio DVD's are usually pretty good, although I heard the Bozzio/ Wackerman DVD wasn't that great. :thu: :thu:

Archived