Just Finished building a snare, check it out!

LowandLoudx97

• Members

Excellent job LowandLoud!! I've been wanting to build my own snare for awhile, but I am no good when it comes to painting. The other stuff I can handle, but not paint. Maybe I could just spray the shell with clear lacquer and have a natural finish? I'd still be worried about having runs and drips here and there though.
Again, thats one beautiful piece of work!! Prank

• Members

hey prank.. thanks so much, dude you can finish your drum no problem... Get your self some cheese cloth and some tung oil... that is the easy way to do it, literally hand rub it in , let it try, sand with some 0000 gauge steel wool, do another coat... do like 3 coats and you'll be in buisness! its easy !

• Members
In total it was $465 for all the materials

Alot of research went into this on my part. . . From start to finish this one took me 2 months of ordering and gathering parts, getting best prices on the best stuff i could find. This was the first drum i've built, but i'm considering building some for some people who may be interested...

price break down -

Shell - 8x14 Keller maple shell with double 45 degree bearing edges and snare beds $71 www.saludadrums.com

Hoops - $100, Pearl Black Die Cast Hoops

Lugs - $113.60 www.egodrumsupply.com

Throw off

Archived