New Gretsch Renown Maple

qwertyMan

• Members

Hey everyone!

As you all may remember from my last thread, I was going to get the Gretsch Renown Maple drum kit, and well... I GOT IT!

It sounds SOOOOOO good! And the finish (cherry burst) is spectacular!

I havn't got it set up yet, because first we're going to get a drum riser, but from smacking on the toms (after tuning them) they sound fantastic!

Unfortunately though, the guys at guitar center screwed up a little (I'm not mad at them; they're really cool guys). They didn't have the snare drum that was supposed to come with it because they thought it wasn't supposed to come with it (go figure). They also forgot to give me the free 7"x8" tom, however, I went back and picked that up (for all the problems, they gave me a bunch of heads: remo coated ambassador for the 8" tom, and coated emperors for the rest of the toms (10, 12, 14).

I havn't set up the bass drum yet though, just because of time, and I probably will be setting it up with my drum teacher when he gets here tommorow (I'll report in on how that sounds).

I guess I posted this here just because I am excited, but also to help any other drummers out who are planning on buying this kit, or are looking for a new drum set.

It cost $1,399, and was worth every penny. The sound is just amazing. The toms have a great attack, warmth, resonance, roundness, and POP.

:thu:

• Members

It isn't that they made a mistake about the snare drum, the set up that Guitar Center sells doesn't include a snare drum.

Congrats on the kit, I think they're a great looking, and even better sounding kit! The bass drum sounds absolutely killer!

• Members

Oh yeah, the kick is gonna thunder! Moves a ton of air! By the way, I can tell you how to build a drum riser if you're interested...rock solid and portable. Congrats on the kit! Seems like eveyone's getting a kit but me! That's not fair!!!

• Members

I got the same kit about 6 months ago and I love it. I picked up the Chad Smith Sig. snare with it which is a very good all around snare. I also put the coated g2's on and they sound awesome. Coated heads are definately the way to go with these drums. I only wish it came with the 16" floor tom which I'm thinking about adding. Sweet kit!

Archived