Anarchy Cowbell?

TheDarxide

• Members

It's true, the VLC 800 has 12 of the unique cowbell models we modern drummers strive for.

Pearl's Anarchy Cowbell is an imitator, a fad, and when it stands in a quiet elevator with you, it often does that thing where it waits 10 seconds and then says something totally benign like "Nice to finally have some sun light!"

Also, the Pearl Anarchy Cowbell will not call you after making love for the first time.

Only trust this one.

• Members

Holy {censored}, that's seriously an electronic cowbell. Wow.

I clicked through all twelve of their "models" and I'll be damned if I could ever tell the difference between any of them while playing with a band. Sure, some of them have a bit of a pitch difference, or are quieter... but seriously now. Point of diminishing returns, no? As an audience member or even another musician on the stage, can you really tell the difference between two cowbells in different parts of the song? Obviously you won't be able to play different sounds rapidly since you'd have to change the sample with a knob/button/etc.

Unless I'm missing a seriously intricate hoax, that is.

• Members

radmonkeyhome.jpg

I am currently an endorser. That's not me in the photo though.

I think spiked cowbells are just a fad that will die out. Rad Monkey will ride the trends. It's my 'go to' cowbell live and in the studio.

• Members

Off topic, but my bassist sent an e-mail to a local magazine with the sentence "We reign from Framingham, MA." This cracked me up: I know he meant to type "We hail from..." but saying "We reign from..." is WAY funnier.

Sad part: we're not metal.

At all. :D

BACK TO THE COWBELL!!!

Archived