My proudest drumming moment

ddrumbum

• Members

I have to first say I am incredible proud of myself, 6 mths ago I could not get this down to say my life, I am playing Porcupine tree's The Sound of Muzak off there in absentia album, learning this song as good as I have(not prefect, but pretty good)just makes me so happy, I love Porcupine tree and gavin Harrisons drumming is incredible, and to be able to even come close to playing one of there songs is a HUGE honor to me, so Gavin if you stumble upon this, I hope it makes you proud, and thank you for being such a huge inspiration in my drumming.

The song is in 7. I call it 7/4 (the accents on the hihat being 1/4 notes), but Mr. Harrison has stated that the bottom number just depends on how you are looking at it.

if you go with my take on it (being in 7/4), the groove itself is in 7/16. It repeats several times in the course of one bar (the last having a slight change in the bass drum).

the 7/16 groove is sub divided into 3+2+2 (b--b-s-). the fourth repitition just omits the first bass drum hit. around this skeleton, there are alot of little nuances like buzzs and grace notes. those will come when you settle into the structure of the groove.

in the chorus, its just straight 4/4, but one of the snare hits is a 16th note early.

Hope you like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_8bxCVoew8

• Members

Good effort man. Pretty solid. Good to see someone as enthusiastic about bettering your playing. You've only been at it 5 years too, so it's a fair achievement. PT is a good band to hone your abilities on too. My bassist friend turned me onto this band. Very cool ddrumbum...

• Members

Good effort man. Pretty solid. Good to see someone as enthusiastic about bettering your playing. You've only been at it 5 years too, so it's a fair achievement. PT is a good band to hone your abilities on too. My bassist friend turned me onto this band. Very cool ddrumbum...

Thanks man, I appreciate it alot.

Archived