F*** Rush, here comes The Police

• Members

Rush and Peart can blow me. I'm going to see The Police next week.

Spoken like someone with a real inferiority complex. lol

Which is unfortunate, because both bands are great. What's wrong with you that you have to attempt to vindicate liking one by disparging the other?

• Members

It's always been a complex of mine, I've struggled with having balls all my life. I just have too much sack to like Rush. Wimpy whiny vocals, equally irritating drumming.

:lol:............oh wait, you are being serious................:lol:. It is a shame that you have to trash a band like that to promote another. Now dont get me wrong, i love the police. I think they are one of the greatest bands out there right now (thankfully they are back), but it isnt worth it to disredit another band. Thats just my opinion man, and you can take what you want out of it. By the way, have a good time at the concert. Be sure to post some pics if you have any. I would love to see the police live, but the only time i would havebeen able to see them tickets were like 250 bucks for a festival or something like that. Have fun at the concert. :thu:

• Members

I'm not going to sing the praises of either band, but I certainly am not going to publicly disparage them either. Your comments are embarrassing, and you should be ashamed. You are small minded, and not one person is going to take you seriously on this board with comments like that. Come back after you graduate 6th grade.

• Members

It's always been a complex of mine, I've struggled with having balls all my life. I just have too much sack to like Rush. Wimpy whiny vocals, equally irritating drumming.

Who cares about the vocals, just listen to the music itself. I also see nothing wrong with the drumming, it plays to the music.

• Members

The Police were one of the greatest bands ever. Period. End of story.

I saw them on Thanksgiving day in 1983...actually had to leave dinner early to go to the show which was quite a negotiation for a 15 year old.

Anyway, Copeland's drumming had a profound impact on how I look at drums and percussion in a "pop" band environment.

Sadly, at $200+ for a decent ticket, I'm not going to see them. Sure, they're selling $50 tix, but why sit 5,000 yards away. Hell, I saw Stewart with Oysterhead at about 20 feet for $30.

For what they're charging, I'm totally happy to wait for the $50 DVD of the tour. Honestly, Copeland at his current age isn't the same guy he was when I saw him in '83. 20 years later when I saw him with Oysterhead, it was a bit of a letdown. I have the Synchronicity Tour (1983) video, and IMHO it's Copeland at his peak.

Archived