Left hand on left leg

qwertyMan

• Members

I just noticed that when I was playing, my left hand was resting on my left leg. It feels really akward. I tried moving around my setup, and still my let is either too high or my hand is too low. It's especially annoying when bouncing my leg up and down for fast hi-hat work.

Any suggestions?

• Members

How is your left hand even resting on your left leg when your doing fast h.hat work? The ONLY time my left forearm, never my hand rests on my left leg is during a couple slow blues tunes we do. For me, I think it's no more then laziness, but it feels comfortable, so I haven't worried about it. Having said that, during what ever else I'm playing, my left arm or hand never touches my leg. I'm trying to picture what your doing and I'm not getting it.

• Members

Yeah I'm trying to picture it too. Do you have a picture of you playing? I think you just have to bend at your elbow a bit to make your wrist/arm up higher. Try raising your snare drum up and if it feels too high try to put a bit of an angle on it. Or slide your whole body and your throne over to the left a bit so your left arm ends up more in between your legs.

Archived