Adding on another floor-tom :: FINALLY

l Baker l

• Members

So after viewing the thread chesley made about the newly acquired ddrum s4 snare, and the insane price on the Clearance section of MF... I decided to take a look around. Upon browsing I found this;

437608.jpg

A 16x16 add-on floor tom for the Gretsch Catalina Birch series. I have been looking for a 16x16 for close to a year now, because it turns out the line was discontinued after I had purchased my kit.

But anyways, I got it in the Dark Walnut finish to match the rest of my kit, and I'm so stoked it's not even funny.

I also contemplated buying a ddrum S4 too for the hell of it, because that ashburst finish looks sexy as hell, and I've heard many good things about that snare. Maybe sometime soon :thu:

So yeah, I'm stoked and can't wait. :D

• Members

Don't ya just love a solid deal!!!

I also picked up a couple of those cheapie wuhan splashes. $40 for an 8" and a 10". I threw them up on the kit and I gotta admit, I really like them. They have an oriental quality to them. Anyone in the market for some new splashes should definately consider them.

Great find on the floor tom!! There is nothing better than having new stuff to whack!

• Members

Yeah dude, I'm definitely checkin the S/D section more often. Like probably everytime I get a paycheck, haha.

But I love my 14" Wuhan china. I spent $12 on it, and it sounds really really nice. I may have to look into their Splashes. I've been wanting to add another splash or two onto my kit for experimental purposes n whatnot, so who knows ;)

Archived