iron cobra question

bbderek

• Members

How to you set up your weights? I had them all the way up towards the beater and it gave me a lot more power but poor response. Doubles became near impossible to do fast. Then I put em all the way down and could play doubles a lot faster, but loss some power and control for long rolls (I have a double kick). Where do you guys put your weights?

• Members

I just played around with'em till I found a spot I liked. For me, about 3/4 of the way up worked ok.

That makes sense to me. Actually, I'd theorize that any lower than about half would have little or no effect compared to no weight at all. Once the weight is low enough in the arc, it's really just top-heaviness on the cam. I like my weights just about at the top...maybe about 2-3mm below the beater head.

• Members

I've heard a good way to set up your beater weight is to remove the spring tension, set the throw to the distance you like and play with the weight until the the beater stays put and doesn't fall forward or back. Personally, I don't use weights on my pedal, so it's all academic to me.

Archived