show your re-covered/refinished Drums

Mickey66

• Members

Carmine is thinking about a recover/refinish of his drum set and that thread is at two pages soooo I was thinking maybe other people out there have refinished their drum sets if so,post some pic's for us. Here are my DW's early to mid 1980's kit note the early Camco spurs and Tama T-Brace mount....came from DW that way a custom order not by me of course. f_drumsforsalm_f686345.jpg Snare Drum....13" f_drumsforsalm_492be83.jpg

• Members

Rebuilt bass...

22 x 14 1980's Rogers shell, gibraltar legs, black metal hoops, new lugs, claws and tension rods...blue satin wrap. (just wanted the most inexpensive wrap I could find at the time that wold cover the shell with only 1 seam).

Cheers, Bob

bass002er9.jpg

• Members

Rebuilt bass...

22 x 14 1980's Rogers shell, gibraltar legs, black metal hoops, new lugs, claws and tension rods...blue satin wrap. (just wanted the most inexpensive wrap I could find at the time that wold cover the shell with only 1 seam).

Cheers, Bob

bass002er9.jpg

Sweet. I love the satin finishes, but all the ones I have ever seen get smooth spots where people handle them.

• Members

Rogers 1980 XP8, 18-12-14. These were orphans of different colors and the finish on the 18 and 12 were both wacked. Bass Drum Spurs are Rogers Pat Pend Swivomatic. The 14x14 was a keller 8 ply all maple shell that I built to Rogers specs. The natural maple snare is a 1982 Rogers Dynasonic XP10 6.5x14. The Green Glass is a 1969 Slingerland six lugger, 5.5x14, and the finish is original on both snares.

May 2003, first time out. No tom mounts, floor tom is on a RIMS cradle.

2730499930028342110S600x600Q85.jpg

Aug. 2006, Rogers Fullerton Floor Tom Mounts and legs.

2792666610028342110S600x600Q85.jpg

Dec. 2006, Rogers Pat Pend. Swivomatic Single Tom mount and arm, Swivomatic telescoping cymbal mount and arm added to 16x18 Bass Drum. Complete.

2871338440028342110S600x600Q85.jpg

• Members

Not yet...I want to see the chips first. I forgot to mention the kick has light rims on it...it's a toss up right now...

Hey Carm, You own the Tama RS with the obscene cymbal array, correct?? (Nice kit btw!) Just a note. Removing the wrap (assuming they are wrapped) is a pain in the gluteus maximus on Tama drums! Most asian made kits are glued or taped in one or two spots depending on the drum's diameter.

Nope...Not Tama! They gloooo the the wraps on. I mean..ON! If you're dealing with Sam Barnard your GTG! Fire up the heat gun! Let us know what color you decide on. The glass glitters and satin flames are sawweet!

-HB

• Members

Rebuilt bass...

Cheers, Bob

That's a cool finish Bob. Nice work!

Rogers 1980 XP8, 18-12-14. These were orphans of different colors and the finish on the 18 and 12 were both wacked. Bass Drum Spurs are Rogers Pat Pend Swivomatic. The 14x14 was a keller 8 ply all maple shell that I built to Rogers specs. The natural maple snare is a 1982 Rogers Dynasonic XP10 6.5x14. The Green Glass is a 1969 Slingerland six lugger, 5.5x14, and the finish is original on both snares.

May 2003, first time out. No tom mounts, floor tom is on a RIMS cradle.

xush- those look bad as {censored}! I've never seen that particular finish. I bet they look cool under the lights too.:thu:

Ploughman yours are always classy!

tama granstars rewrapped in satin green flame, from Jammin' Sam:

Archived