Evans Clear EC1?

qwertyMan

• Members

I've got them on all my tom's, and I like em. Just enough ring to play un-mic'd, yet under control when mic'd. Great attack too. I use a little(
gulp
) moon gel on the 16" floor tom though, to help control it to my tastes.

Nice. You play metal, though right? I would be playing mostly varieties of funk, rock, reggae, and jazz. Do you think these heads are resonant enough to handle those genres?

• Members

Does anyone have any experience with these drumheads? I'm looking for a moderately warm sound that is pretty resonant sound without excess overtones. I tried the coated G1, but it was a little too dark for me.

I am using EC2s now with no complaints. For the record, GC is blowing out their EC1s (not sure what size it was) I saw EC1 coated for lke $3!

• Members

if you want warm, I would suggest the EC1 coated, rather than clear.

Coated heads are warmer sounding in general, and I have found this to be true (After playing them both side-to side)

Yes, I know that, I'm just looking for a nice, resonant-sounding head. I might just go with coated G1's if these clear EC1's are too dead. I was just looking for a slightly brighter sound than a coated G1, but didn't want all the unnecessary overtones that come along with a single ply clear head.

Archived