Time keeps on slippin: Ages of music stars

Sytubs

• Members

after Buddy's band, the Kenton Orchestra was one of THE best bands i ever heard. this was back in the late 70's or early 80's. just a GREAT sound.

i also heard Woody's group and also a few incarnations of Maynard's bands as well. all good.

and if elvis is "the king" then Little Richard is "the emperor of rock n roll", hands down!

I sat in with the Kenton Band in the 70's at the Kenton Clinics at my college. Peter Erskine had just come on board. They really smoked. If you really want to hear the full impact of the large band, pick up a kenton CD called 'Adventures in Time". All odd meter orchestral stuff...a monster to play!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I sat in with the Kenton Band in the 70's at the Kenton Clinics at my college. Peter Erskine had just come on board. They really smoked.

i think that Erskine was actually the drummer for Kenton at the time i saw him if i remember correctly. and i also saw Greg Bissonette during his stint with Maynard as well. nobody knew who they were back then other than really good drummers.

Archived