Got the new kit but I still have GAS!

HBdrummer

• Members

Yeah, I just recentely got my new Pearl VBXs. My wife breathed a sigh of relief..Prolly thought..."oh..we should be safe for now...Wht more could he need"?? TA-DAAAAAHH!!

Just got back from Interstate music and these followed me home...i swear honey...it was the strangest thing!!!

nooZildjians007.jpg' alt='>'>

nooZildjians009.jpg' alt='>'>

nooZildjians013.jpg' alt='>'>

I hope I can sneek the 13" K custom hybrid high hats I have a deposit on in in a week and a half! Man...I'm GASY!

nooZildjians008.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

Nice!! Did Steve give you a good deal??

Actually Steve D. was off today I dealt with Peter. and Yeah! SMOKIN deal!

I'm getting a awesome deal on my 13 1/4" K custom hybrid hats as well!

Just gotta sneek 'em past the wife..Wait, she's my set up tech..she knows my drums as good as I do..DOH!

ps; kitty has not been inside my kick drum..yet..and as far as her using it as a scratching post..as much as I love God's creatures..kitty would be sleeping in a snowbank!

• Members

Just got back from Interstate music and these followed me home...i swear honey...it was the strangest thing!!!

How did those get there :confused::cop:

EDIT: I noticed that to put those two smileys in, you must write: confused cop :lol:

• Members

We should have a thread for the wives of us drummers. I'm sure they can all swap stories like this...

"So my husband came home and said.... "Hey honey look what I got"

Its funny how my wife can set up my kit spot on in different configurations and is 1000% behind my playing, but she will not ever understand my propensity to spend countless hours on this and other drummer forums..But yeah a wives of drummers "rant" forum would be kinda interesting!

• Members

That K must be wonderful

It's kinda funny.., I was looking at a 20" ping ride in the A series ( I love Zildjian As!) and I came across this beautifully hammered 18" ride. I wasn't so sure I'd like an 18" ride cymbal, that is until I layed a stick to this K! WOW!!!

It has a low build of warm overtones and clear stick definition.AMAZING cymbal!

I ended up taking it home with me along with the 17" A custom crash!

Iwas also looking at a more traditional set of hats (A quickbeats) I ended up putting a set of 13 1/4" K custom hybrids on hold til next week! Those are the most awesome sounding set of 13" hats I have heard!:love:

• Members

But wait...I see a stand that is empty. Did we forget a puppy at the music pound? Is there no more sympathy left in your heart....a little "pang" of sentiment (no pun intended...well maybe just a little) JoJo and Vinnie would be so insulted if you didn't go back and track down that little wanderer...all the way to China perhaps....hmmmmm!!!

• Members

But wait...I see a stand that is empty. Did we forget a puppy at the music pound? Is there no more sympathy left in your heart....a little "pang" of sentiment (no pun intended...well maybe just a little) JoJo and Vinnie would be so insulted if you didn't go back and track down that little wanderer...all the way to China perhaps....hmmmmm!!!

Yeah.. my 14" wuhan is alittle lonely:cry:...I was looking at a 14" K custom hybrid crash! The hybrids are some bad mama-jamas! Can't wait til I pick up my 13 1/4 K Hybrid hats next week! We'll have to see what else follows me home!:wave:

• Members

Yeah.. my 14" wuhan is alittle lonely:cry:...I was looking at a 14" K custom hybrid crash! The hybrids are some bad mama-jamas! Can't wait til I pick up my 13 1/4 K Hybrid hats next week! We'll have to see what else follows me home!
:wave:

Might I suggest a 17" or 18". They make beautiful music and explode hard with just a little linger. I use (used to) an 18" High China Boy Platinum that was just a killer!!!!! Unfortunately they are no longer manufactured, but an 18" Zildjian bright china may do you well..jmo...

• Members

Carm, you talking A series?? I might look at a K! I have just rediscovered the K series. I have had a few of them in the past...Back then I wasn't looking for cymbals to grow old(er) with. Now however my taste in music as well as my playing style have evolved..and the Ks have it for me!!! They are a bit 'o change($$$) but I've been working CRAZY overtime and I feel like I deserve them! I'm 45 years old now and I cant remember a time in my life when I enjoyed playing the drums more!:thu:

• Members

Carm, you talking A series?? I might look at a K! I have just rediscovered the K series. I have had a few of them in the past...Back then I wasn't looking for cymbals to grow old(er) with. Now however my taste in music as well as my playing style have evolved..and the Ks have it for me!!! They are a bit 'o change($$$) but I've been working CRAZY overtime and I feel like I deserve them! I'm 45 years old now and I cant remember a time in my life when I enjoyed playing the drums more!
:thu:

Open you mind weedhopper. Doesn't matter...A, K, XYZ123...Your ears will know! A smacking semi big china can be just the ticket to (in the words of Spinal Tap's Nigel Tufnel) give you that PUSH over the edge! I had a few K rides in my day but that's all, and it took me a while to find this particular china... But the search was worth the effort... My ears knew the sweet sound of voluptuous volumous metal...:thu:

• Members

Open you mind weedhopper. Doesn't matter...A, K, XYZ123...Your ears will know! A smacking semi big china can be just the ticket to (in the words of Spinal Tap's Nigel Tufnel) give you that PUSH over the edge! I had a few K rides in my day but that's all, and it took me a while to find this particular china... But the search was worth the effort... My ears knew the sweet sound of voluptuous volumous metal...
:thu:

WERD:thu: Im going back to interstate music next week prolly wednesday to get the K hats...I'll smak a few other cymbals around and see what really speaks to me...and your Zildjian china boy high....is it an A?? just curious..

• Members

WERD:thu: Im going back to interstate music next week prolly wednesday to get the K hats...I'll smak a few other cymbals around and see what really speaks to me...and your Zildjian china boy high....is it an A?? just curious..

I'm so embarassed, I'm so embarased!!!! I went downstairs and pulled it out of storage. It's an "A", but it's 20" China High Boy Platinum. All these yeasrs I remembered it as an 18" I't only a 2" difference, but everybody can always use an extra inch or 2...:rolleyes:

20" High China Boy Platinum "A" made in the good old USA!:thu:

Archived