Craig's List

Mickey66

• Members

I don't know about you guys but where I live there are a-lot of drum sets 4sale on Craig's List CHEAP!!!! I talking about sets that cost a-lot of money new and most of these sets are no more than two years old and when new were $900 plus for a shell pak well,they are selling full sets with cymbals and hardware for under $400 in most cases....seems strange to me:confused: Anybody else seeing this happen on Craig's List in your city?

• Members

Very rare here in Dallas. Most of the kits are "First Act" or "Rogers" with B8 or ZBT cymbals. And they are always in some hillbilly community around Dallas. It's amazing! Occasionally there is a "Real" Kit for sale.

• Members

Craigs list in my area is about 10% better than a pawn shop here. People want used stuff to be in better condition than new, and they want it for free. Put an ad up for a new $300 item that is worth $400. Someone will offer you $100 for it. Screw that...go ebay.

• Members

People in Philly seem to think they can charge full new priced for drum kits. It's about 50-50 on whether you'll find a reasonable deal. I'm still sitting here being jealous about Wellhungarian's score on those Yamahas. :)

What city is that? I need to move there. I'm always on the lookout for more drums.

• Members

People in Philly seem to think they can charge full new priced for drum kits. It's about 50-50 on whether you'll find a reasonable deal. I'm still sitting here being jealous about Wellhungarian's score on those Yamahas.
:)

What city is that? I need to move there. I'm always on the lookout for more drums.

I have seen that in places like Seattle. Used 5-pc PDP (They are adveratised as Drum Workshop kits) sell for $600 when they are $699 NEW.

• Members

People in my city seem to think used drum kits should command the full amount paid when they were new, if not more!

Right now in my craigslist there's a PDP cx 5 piece w/ some hardware for $1200. First off... a new CX kit is only $800 in store and $650 on musiciansfriend. Secondly, the kit is discontinued so if someone wanted to order a new tom size it'd either take 6 months or wouldn't happen. Third, I've seen the kit live and it's beat up pretty badly... It's been on 4-5 tours in the last 5 years.

bah!

• Members
Craigs list in my area is about 10% better than a pawn shop here. People want used stuff to be in
better
condition than new, and they want it for
free
. Put an ad up for a new $
item that is worth $400. Someone will offer you $
for it.
Screw that.
..go ebay.

I have found this also...the people that are buying are Dealers....really strange Dealers buying second hand stuff....I mean a-lot of them,I just put some stuff on Craig's List and its a weird thing that's for sure.:freak:

• Members
People in my city seem to think used drum kits should command the full amount paid when they were new, if not more!

Right now in my craigslist there's a PDP cx 5 piece w/ some hardware for $1200. First off... a new CX kit is only $800 in store and $650 on musiciansfriend. Secondly, the kit is discontinued so if someone wanted to order a new tom size it'd either take 6 months or wouldn't happen. Third, I've seen the kit live and it's beat up pretty badly... It's been on 4-5 tours in the last 5 years.

bah!

Where I live I'm seeing the same Kit with all the goodies going for under $400:confused: Times is hard!

• Members

I don't know about you guys but where I live there are a-lot of drum sets 4sale on Craig's List CHEAP!!!!

Unfortunately, I wouldn't doubt that some of those cheap kits for sale on Craigslist are stolen. I'm sure that most sellers are legit, and just might be pricing their drums to sell if they need the money bad enough.

Anybody else seeing this happen on Craig's List in your city?

In my city it's usually the opposite case; sellers post used gear very close to the original "new" price. For example, I see a lot of Zildjian cymbal ads that go something like "Guitar Center sells this cymbal brand new for 280 dollars, but I'm selling it for 240". Sure, it's a bit cheaper, but there aren't a lot of good Craigslist deals around here. Ebay is significantly cheaper for almost anything, at least where I live.

• Members

Very rare here in Dallas. Most of the kits are "First Act" or "Rogers" with B8 or ZBT cymbals. And they are always in some hillbilly community around Dallas. It's amazing! Occasionally there is a "Real" Kit for sale.

And the real kits are usually priced higher or the same as what GC will sell them for new.

• Members

I've gotten probably at least half of my gear off of CL. Most of it at least half off the new price, in perfect condition, and sold by really nice folks who just aren't using it anymore. Usually the scams and shady types stick out like sore thumbs, just use some common sense and it can be a great tool.

Of course, I am from San Francisco, home of CL, and a place where it's immensely popular. :idk:

• Members
I've gotten probably at least half of my gear off of CL. Most of it at least half off the new price, in perfect condition, and sold by really nice folks who just aren't using it anymore. Usually the scams and shady types stick out like sore thumbs, just use some common sense and it can be a great tool.

Of course, I am from San Francisco, home of CL, and a place where it's immensely popular.
:idk:

CL is immensely popular everywhere now.

Archived