I HATE CRAIGSLIST

theDan

• Members

PEOPLE JUST VANISH RIGHT BEFORE THEYRE READY TO BUY!!!1!11

I'm selling like 4 things and seriously I've gotten at least 4 guys be like "oh yeah that sounds sweet, give me 2 days to get the money" 2 days rolls around I email them, no response....

and the classic "dude thats awesome how much you want for it?"

"$xxx"

"............" never responds back.

• Members

Yep, the US is in a recession and it's going to get worse. Gas prices always go up for summer, so just wait until that hits.

Also, a lot of people when they're going to buy something online (especially a 'used' item) are going to shop around for best price. They might make you an offer, then go somewhere else and do the same thing, and so on.

• Members

I think that once people realize that they will actually have to part with their money in exchange for the item, they decide to f** off. i hate it too, but just yesterday something similar happened that pissed me off.....

I was on an ebay item... it was buy now, or best offer... so i made my best offer... and sat and waited... and waited.... and the f***er selling it never responded... i would hvae gone higher in my offer, but the guy never responded.... so NOBODY won the item because buddy selling it didn't find the time to check on it....

So i guess it works both ways...

Another thing on craigslist, i was selling a bike, not any drum stuff.... buddy called me and set up a time to look at it... it happened to be a tuesday night (jam night), so i cancellked my plans, called him and made sure he was coming.... he was "en route" apparently,. well he had my phone number if he got lost.... and he never showed... no call, nothing... waste of my time.

• Members

Another thing with craigslist, I heard that it attracts a lot of 419 scammers... so when you post something for sale, you could get slammed by a bunch of scumbag emails.

Sad, cuz I have a few things I'm trying to get rid of and am reluctant to put them on craiglist for that reason.

Oh, and don't get me started on gas prices. I just paid $60 bucks to fill up my tank the other day. :mad: Gosh I remember the good old days when I could fill my tank for about $20 bucks. :cry:

• Members

Sending an email to somebody with something posted on Craigslist seems to be the Internet version of window shopping. It's like walking in, playing with things in the store, but then saying "thanks, I'm just looking" when the salesperson comes up to you. I guess people just like to slip their foot in the door as they look at things they'd LIKE to have but don't really need. It's the only thing that makes it tangible. Then getting together makes another thing tangible...their money going away. And that's when the tools bail. Happened to me about 6 times last week trying to sell a fridge.

Gotta love the Internet. But hey...at least it can get you laid by a stranger on 30 minutes notice anywhere in the world.

• Members

Another thing with craigslist, I heard that it attracts a lot of 419 scammers... so when you post something for sale, you could get slammed by a bunch of scumbag emails.

Sad, cuz I have a few things I'm trying to get rid of and am reluctant to put them on craiglist for that reason.

Oh, and don't get me started on gas prices. I just paid $60 bucks to fill up my tank the other day.
:mad:
Gosh I remember the good old days when I could fill my tank for about $20 bucks.
:cry:

Your right about the scammers their like roaches

send me all of your unwanted drum stuff

60$= 1/2 tank and it's already a/c time here

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Members

My favorite thing on craigslist...I always post pictures and clearly post a starting price! When I get a call- no matter what it is... they dont remember what I had... and they want too know how much? i get very irritated with this. I took the time to post detail/images/prices and either I just attract the dumbest of the dumb.... or America is really going to hell in a hand basket!

I've posted on C-list for over a year now...I dont get any more span then I do from being on any other site.

I will give the list credit.. I have found some solid band members...and I have sold quite a bit

Its a crap shoot. Ya just never know what your gonna get

peace

• Members

Yeah I posted a detailed description that it was a shell pack and I get responses like "what kind of cymbals are included?"

And even worse you have to cater to noobs, my first post was a straightforward honest post, only 1 or 2 bites. Second time around I was like "Gretsch Set CUSTOM LOOKS BEAUTIFUL" or "THIS SET IS FOR YOU" and I get a million replies. Ughhh well as long as they have the money.

Archived