Numark TTX return them??

platinumtouch

• Members

Been playing with some new Numark TTXs I got for father's day (nice gift hugh!! :D) Using Ortofon DJ needles and haven't skipped once... they are certainly sturdy as all hell... the start up/stop speed adjustment is fairly useless to me... the reverse button isn't something I'm into either... they certainly look cool and I love the digital screen for the pitch control (although I can just picture it breaking) but I don't know. I guess I'm just not as excited as I thought I would be. Considering returning them. Call me old school, just so used to the 1200s. Seems like the speed/pitch remains a little more constant with the 1200s whereas with the Numarks feel like I'm always futzing with it... who knows... still undecided I guess. Any feedback??

• Members

I've only played on them once, but I loved it. I think owning a pair would be great, as soon as I can afford it.

I figure The extra features don't come into play if you're just doing the same old stuff everybody else has already been doing for years. If you're trying to do the home-studio lab sorta thing, they can be a very handy tool. I didn't get a chance to try the key lock, but I hear it works very well, or at least, far better than the key lock you'll find on stantons decks. The pitch control was solid as long as I kept it on it's lower setting. I rode a couple 3 minute mixes and barely had to fiddle at all. (surprising for a deck I'd never used before..) The digital readout is useful for recording too, you can pinpoint settings and plan through sessions to give you more time to BE CREATIVE. ;) It's sort of like how the industry standard in guitar amps were 1 channel master volume types, until people demanded more options. Now we have guitar amps with upwards of 250 different amp models programmed in. I'm a big believer in embracing what technology offers me as a musician.

I'm sayin man, I think it just depends what you're trying to do. If you're a technique-er, it's probably not for you. If you're a soul searcher, it's the most versatile deck on the market.

• Members

I've had the (mis?)fortune of using the TTX's a few times lately and they are good decks, I just wouldn't actually spend my own money on them. I'm a pretty heavy 1200 addict and I can't see myself ever actually leaving the lovely confines of Technics..........

Of course, next year, I will have been playing on Technics decks for 20 years........*does math* {censored}, I'm nearly 32........There is nothing more depressing than realizing that 20 years just passed by like 20 minutes.......;-)

I find that the TTX's just have way too many gimmicks that I'd never actually use........I don't do many tricks when I'm playing out and thus I don't think all the bells and whistles would really help me out that much.

However, I think that there are a lot of serious turntablists out there who would be able to make some really great use out of that tool!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by djsynrgy

I've only played on them once, but I loved it. I think owning a pair would be great, as soon as I can afford it.

I figure The extra features don't come into play if you're just doing the same old stuff everybody else has already been doing for years. If you're trying to do the home-studio lab sorta thing, they can be a very handy tool.

Yes they are. The digital output is great for sampling vinyl and experimenting in audio editors.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

My roomate has 1200's and I have TTX1s. The first time he played with em he was amazed at the torque and how the needle sticks to the record. Keep em. I love the digital read-out. It's sometimes helpfully to remmber what pitch% you were at with a certain record and if you know the bpms of you records you can quickly jump to the % you need to be near. I also do sampling and burning my vinyl to cd so the digital outs are useful to me. Not to mention the table spin direction button. The damn think stops on a dime and reverses with the touch of a button. 1200's were the standard and are still great, but I'll never look back.

Archived