Pre-show warmup i guess?

TamaDrummer0

• Members

Ok so for graduation I am the drummer for our school choir and this is the first time i've played in front of 1000 people. Im bringing my own set and that stuff. Do you guys have any tips on setting up. All the basic gig tips to prepare me. Thanks alot.

• Members

Personally, I like to arrive and complete my setup before any of the others arrive. I can't stand folks in my way when I'm setting up the kit. In your case, it sounds like a very large stage so you'll probably have lots of room around you, but earlier is better as it then gives you time to relax before it's time to play.

And like Jayson said - less can be better. Bring only what you need. Nothing lamer than a drummer who only uses 1/2 the stuff he sets up.

• Members

Personally, I like to arrive and complete my setup before any of the others arrive. I can't stand folks in my way when I'm setting up the kit.

Same here, Im usually at a show about 2 hrs before showtime to setup, and then leave while the other guys do, and I grab a bite to eat.

• Members

Same here, Im usually at a show about 2 hrs before showtime to setup, and then leave while the other guys do, and I grab a bite to eat.

Me too, time permitting, else I just relax with a drink and bark instructions at them while they setup :blah:

• Members

Get there early, make sure you are comfortable with your set up and take a practice pad with you to ease some of the tension and worry beforehand. Also means you can focus on what you are there for and still be there in case someone wants to soudcheck you or if you need to move the kit! Hope it goes well!

Archived